Please help me pick between two classes for my last semester in college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

helpmepickbetween

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I really want to take two Biology classes for my last semester in college, but they have time conflicts so I can only take one of them. I’m in between Bio 362: Endocrinology and Bio 365: Introduction to Microscopy. Which one do you think I should take?

I want endocrinology because I think it’s good to know about hormones and how they affect our health. I also want microscopy because I think it’s a good skill to have because when am I ever going to be trained about microscopy after I leave my undergrad?? Is microscopy a good skill to have?

For background, I’m a senior pre-med student. Please help me pick. Thank you!!
 
Hello,

I really want to take two Biology classes for my last semester in college, but they have time conflicts so I can only take one of them. I’m in between Bio 362: Endocrinology and Bio 365: Introduction to Microscopy. Which one do you think I should take?

I want endocrinology because I think it’s good to know about hormones and how they affect our health. I also want microscopy because I think it’s a good skill to have because when am I ever going to be trained about microscopy after I leave my undergrad?? Is microscopy a good skill to have?

For background, I’m a senior pre-med student. Please help me pick. Thank you!!
Microscopy won't really be all the directly helpful in medical school. Sure, it would definitely help some, but endocrinology is a class that is directly taught in medical school. It's notoriously difficult, so I think having a strong foundation in it would help you in medical school.

In your future career, will you use microscopy or endocrinology more? If you're a clinician, it's almost certainly microsoply. If you're a researcher, it could be either.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much!! @voxveritatisetlucis @TelemarketingEnigma @goodbee

I think I will stick with Endocrinology. I’ve heard from past seniors that they learned a lot from that class. God willing, my plan is to be in the surgery field. I was thinking Microscopy because I wouldn’t have access to cool microscopes after I graduate haha.