Please Help (what are my chances?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poojerrr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have around a 3.0 overall GPA with (hopefully) by next semester I will have a science GPA of around 3.1 or 3.2. I've taken my OAT and scored a 360 with a 340TS. I have shadowed two optometrists, worked as an ophthalmology tech, and currently have a job at Warby Parker (they make glasses). Think I have a good chance at an interview?

Oh the bad GPA is credited to having a liver disease which I took treatment for during that time and is mentioned in my personal statement.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have pretty good chance, have you submitted your optomcas yet?

I think you have pretty good chance, have you submitted your optomcas yet?

I am in the process right now. Just submitted about 8 and have only completed 4 of the supplemental applications.

I am in the process right now. Just submitted about 8 and have only completed 4 of the supplemental applications.

Some schools are very numbers oriented and look at someone only with the top numbers. They may care a little less about personality than others. Some carry more weight in personality over numbers. Some will admit a range, some with great numbers but okay Interview and some with great interviews and okay numbers.

I personally was an ok numbers person but interviewed really well. I went to the one school I applied and was really happy with my schooling.

Point is that if you apply to a lot of schools, chances are good you'll have some interviews. If you Interview well you'll get in somewhere. My OAT was slightly lower than yours (if I remember right), but my GPA was slightly higher.