PLEASE!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applying

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELP!!!! I called Robert Wood Johnson to check up on my status, and the secretary said my app is complete (duh) and i will be hearing "something" from them in early february.....WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? could their class already be full??

and if they are inviting me to an interview, why wait until feb. to tell me??

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! any input is GREATLY appreciated.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

"Something" means communication of some kind, good or bad. Check when thier interviewing season ends and ask the sec. how far booked they are for interviews. At best you might get an interview at worst a nicely drafted letter of regret. I know this is frustrating but hang in there. I'm in the same spot at NYMC. Hope you hear good news. :cool:

When I called MCW I got the same old " You should be hearing shortly answer." Whether or not they actually looked at my file remains to be seen. I think that it might have been a generic answer because she gave me this s*it about how its been a trying year for all applicants. All I know is that I hate when people are vague.

Members don't see this ad :)
HELP!!!! I called Robert Wood Johnson to check up on my status, and the secretary said my app is complete (duh) and i will be hearing "something" from them in early february.....WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? could their class already be full??

I am on the same boat with you. I called yesterday and the secretary told me the same thing. The only difference is that I interviwed back in Nov. I have seen(on interviewfeedback.com) applicants who interviewed after me and got in! What the secretary told me what that my file was coming up for review in Feb.! Why is it taking so long for my file to be reviewed when other people who came after me already got their review. I mean my MCAT score is on the low side (but they already knew that before inviting me for an interview so it's nothing new). I know Feb/Mar is the month that rejection letters go flying out and I hope the secretary has not been trained to spear our feelings by telling us that "our files is coming up for review" during REJECTION season instead of telling the truth. Email me and we can talk if you want.

Hey UCSFreak,
That's not necessarily bad from MCW, a day after thei secretary told me the same thing, I got an interview invite. Plus, I know that they still have spots open in their class...I will know in a few days if I will be taking up one of them!
Good Luck to you,
Shannon

ok, this really sucks. i called Penn State to see what the deal is with my app, and she said my app has been screened and there is a letter in the mail for me....

why can't they just tell me the news over the phone? good or bad, i'm a big girl, i can handle it!!!!!!!!!

Hi applying,

They probably haven't screened your application yet and they are telling you that you will hear something (good or bad) by early february.

Robert Wood took seemingly forever to send me an interview invite as well. I was complete in August and just got invited for interview in early January. They are very slow cuz they adhere by that whole automatic interview thing for people with magic numbers.

Just have hope in the fact that since it is a state school many people are holding acceptances that they will probably withraw. Nothing against Robert Wood but people will end up deciding to spend the extra mula for Hopkins and the like :)

Good luck :)

I was told the same thing from RWJ. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this!!!!!!!!!!!

as i will be attending rwjms and know someone on admissions i can tell you that they filled lots of spots early this year...i have a friend in the same boat as all of you...i asked for him and they told me something like they accept 2/3 of their best applicants and waitlist the rest...but this year, people are jumping on state acceptance (my guess is the economical downturn has increased pressure to find more affordable education lately)...that and all the positive growth going on at rwj (cinj, bms children's hospital-which is what got me, etc.) and it's ratings, etc...people are falling for that ivy stuff less and less which is good!

so, the spots are running out really quickly...you may get waitlisted like my friend...then again, you may interview if you've got some spectacular stats and plenty of community health related experiences (rwjms is huge on community health)

i was in by september as was one other friend of mine...that's quick, and it's going on this year...sorry for the kinda crappy news, but atleast now ya know what's going on.

Has anyone that was told the same thing get any further information on this situation. RWJ seems to be MIA for the last month?????

Anyone who also was told you will here something in february get any word yet?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by sng33:
•Anyone who also was told you will here something in february get any word yet?•••••A certain "daisygirl" who posted on the "I got an interview" thread said she got a rejection letter from RWJ yesterday....she didn't interview there though. I guess that's a pre-interview rejection.
The end is near guys!