plz help solving these

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vish2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
anyone could plz answer these questions. I am writing exam in a week and no time to refer the old threads.

92)Pain fibres in the glossopharyngeal nerve synapse in the
A.nucleus ambiguus.
B.nucleus solitarious.
C.hypoglossal nucleus.
D.superior ganglion of cranial nerve IX.
E.spinal nucleus of the trigeminal nerve.

94)Which of the following characterizes the cytoplasmic extension of an odonloblast.
A.microtubules and occasional mitochondria and vesseles.
B.microtubules and numerous lysosomes.
C.large numbers of mitochondria.
D.myosin filaments.

3)The striated ducts of the parotid gland are lined by which of the following types of epithelia.
A)simple cuboidal.
B)simple squamous
C)simple columnar
D)statified cuboidal.
E)startified squamous.

1)Just prior to ovulation,the preovulatory follicle produces and secretes large amounts of which of the following hormones.
A.human chorionic gonadotropin.
B.luteinizing hormone.
C.progesterone.
D.androgens.
E.estrogen.
Is it B or E

3)In a histologic section through the epiphyseal plate of the femur of an 18-year-old male,whichof the following is the zone in which of following os the zone in which catrilage lacunae appear swollen and the chondrocytes are large.
A.proliferation.
B.bone deposition
C.reserve cartilage.
D.cartilage calicification.
E.hypertrophy and maturation
is it A or E
67)Bone tissue increases in size by which of the following means.
A.action of osteoclasts.
B.mitotic division of osteocytes.
C.appositional growth by osteoblasts.
D.interstitial growth by osteoblasts.
is it C or D

82)Each of the following is found in the retrodiscal pad of the TMJ EXCEPT one.which one is this EXCEPTION.
A.elastic fibres.
B. a venous piexus.
C.collagen fibers.
D.hyaline cartilage.
E.loose connective tissue.
i think its D

92)The mature dental pulp is composed primarily of which of the following connective tissue.
A.dense
B.loose.
C.mucoid.
D.adipose.
E.elastic.
Is it A or B

303)An abnormal increase in blood pressure in a healthy persons will RESULT in an increased number of impulses travelling to the heart over which of the following nerves.
A.vagus nerves.
B.sympathetic nerves.
C.branches of thoracic nerves.
D.branches of the trigeminal nerve.
E.branches of the glossopharyngeal nerve.

377)Which of the following BEST describes the new alveolar bone deposited during orthodontic treatment.
A.woven
B.compact
C.cementum.
D.endochondral.
E.intramembranous.

397)Which of the following nerve fibres is primarly resposible for the sharp pain in tooth#30.
A. A alpha
B. A beta
c. A gamma
d. B
E. C

Members don't see this ad.

hi vish ,

1. a
2. a
3. c - low columnar to b in specific
4. e -coz they r asking abt follicle's secretion b4 ovulation- this estrogen secreted in the follicle will stimulate the pituitary to secrete more LH , thats y estrogen induced LH surge is the reason for ovulation.
5. a
6. c- pls dont confuse bone formation with growth. Bone is formed either by apposition or interstitial growth but bone growth is only by appositional growth.
7. d
8. b
9. b - vagus nerve is parasympathetic innervation and it is for reducing the heart rate and bringing the BP to normal in case it is higher.
10. a - newly formed bone is woven bone which is being replaced by lamellar bone which is a part of alveloar bone proper.
11. a - u remember the pain pathway - sharp pain is carried by a- delta fibres and the slow chronic pain is carried by c fibres....so it is a delta fibres carrying the sharp pain from a tooth...but here v dont hav that option, but i read somewhere that a- delta and a- beta fibres all belong to the same fumctional group and persorm in the same way.

hope this helps....
pls correct me if its wrong....and help us out....

thank u
cheers.....

I think the answer to q# 92 ( 1st in list ) is E .

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I think the answer to the second question is A...microtubules and occasional mitochondria and vesicles.
Correct me if am wrong.

hi guys,
iam sorry the answer for q-2 is choice - a.
i think i might hav made a mistake while picking up the options.

thx so much for correcting..

hi ar78cx,
i think the option is nucleus solitarius.....
coz it got visceral afferent nuclei...so the pain fibres will thro 9th c4ranial nerve will b to nucleus solitarius not even nucleus ambiguus.coz N. ambigus is special visceral efferent nuclei - which is for stylopharyngeas and muscles of pharynx.....

Again pls correct me if iam wrong.
thx so much.

HI,
If the anti codon on t-rna is 5'ACG3' then which of the following is its corresponding codon on m-rna.

1.5'CGT3'
2.5'CGU3'
3.5'TGC3'
4.5'UAG3'
5.5'UGC3'

THE ANSWER IS B - anyboone can explain this to me pls....

thx so much.
cheers..