PM&R Residency: should I take Step 2 and COMLEX 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zad123

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DO student here, and I was hoping for some advice about if I should take step 2 on top of COMLEX level 2?

Some background on me: Step 1: 255+ . COMLEX 1: 650+. I did well my first 2 years, ranked in the top 10%. I am lucky to have 5+ publications. 5+ poster presentations.I am involved and have a decent amount of volunteering and leadership on my resume.

I am most interested to know if it will hurt my application if I don't take step 2? I really do not want to hurt my chances of going to my dream program. I am not opposed to taking it, but taking 1 test sounds so much better than stressing over 2 tests. And I heard PMR is pretty DO friendly, so I was curious what you guys thought!

Programs I'm really interested in:
Baylor (Houston)
UTHealth (Houston)
Emory
Vanderbilt
Spaulding
Mayo