POD school as challenging as MD/DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
manik said:
let me guess, you can only pull chicks by telling them your a "medical student" too? funny enough for you buddy?

Krabmas is a chick manik. Anyway, this thread is leading nowhere. I apologize for the insult someone posted about the medical school you attend. Hopefully you will have a good relationship with pods when you are out practicing and vice versa. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

manik said:
let me guess, you can only pull chicks by telling them your a "medical student" too? funny enough for you buddy?

Hey, I just tell them I am a doctor and then start rubbing their feet. Works every time. :laugh:

randersen said:
Krabmas is a chick manik. Anyway, this thread is leading nowhere. I apologize for the insult someone posted about the medical school you attend. Hopefully you will have a good relationship with pods when you are out practicing and vice versa. Good luck.

haha...that is too funny. anyways, good luck to you too. in all honesty, i have nothing against podiatry. i respect all those who have chosen healthcare as their niche in this world. it has always been a noble profession, and it will always remain so.

and yes i agree, this thread is going nowhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that the classes in DPM school are just as challenging as MD/DO school's. Obviously what you learn is targeted towards the lower extremity, but all in all they are teaching you how to become a well rounded practiconer.

The major difference though is that admission into DPM school is not challenging like at MD/DO schools. While it is an accomplishment to get into any graduate school, we all know that some podiatry schools are accepting students at interviews, accepting students without letters of reccomendations and accepting students without official transcripts.

If you really want to know if a podiatry education is on par with MD/DO education, sit in on a course in podiatry, then go sit in on the exact same course taught at the MD/DO programs. Most schools will let you sit in on courses if you ask them.

If you think DMP school is easy, either you are really smart, or you will end out being a bad practiconer. Study hard, learn as much as you can, it will pay off.

OOK said:
there is no difference b/t MD/DO and POD schools. we study the same things. as a matter of fact, some DPM schools are harder than some MD/DO schools. Trust me.

No offense, but this is absurd.

JointDocMD said:

From looking at the curriculums, they seem equally challenging. However, to say pod school is harder than MD/DO school is pushing it.

Jays2cool4u :cool:

JointDocMD said:

In my opinion, it is absurd when someone claims yay or nay on this without having attended both schools. I fail to understand why people make statements of comparison without having experienced both sides.

Rob,
Don't you guys get it? Some people have inferiority complexes, so they need to get in Penis measuring contests. They don't understand that there is always someone better, faster or stronger. I have never been to Paris but I bet that Springfield, IL is a lot nicer. I'm basing this on the fact that Abraham Lincoln was really smart and a great leader so everyone who comes from or lives in Springfield must be a great leader. Right? Isn't that why one school is better than another?

Dr_Feelgood said:
Rob,
Don't you guys get it? Some people have inferiority complexes, so they need to get in Penis measuring contests. They don't understand that there is always someone better, faster or stronger. I have never been to Paris but I bet that Springfield, IL is a lot nicer. I'm basing this on the fact that Abraham Lincoln was really smart and a great leader so everyone who comes from or lives in Springfield must be a great leader. Right? Isn't that why one school is better than another?

You have a point there Dr. Feelnice. I agree that Sringfield is better and by golly, Im going to tell every Tom, Dick and Harry about it too. They would have to be a fool to think otherwise.

prazmatic said:
It is pretty tough though. I gotta admit, having tests every week like those Scholl kids wouldnt be fun. And another semester of anatomy with that psycho lower extermity guy??? Ill pass.

Praz, you rock! Finally an M1 who has compassion and understands what we go through.

doclm said:
Hey, I just tell them I am a doctor and then start rubbing their feet. Works every time. :laugh:

Hilarious, dude.

Pods work hard, and have a sense of humor about life. We know when to take things seriously and when not to.

In other works, we kick major @ss.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Rob,

yeah, like you are really one to talk. aren't you the one who keeps trying to classify pods as anything but podiatrists? you should be happy with your profession and accept that you will be a podiatrist that will do great things.

this reminds of the time my friend in college called himself a pharmacist. what Al did not realize is that just because he sold weed, heroine, cocaine, LSD, PCP, and shrooms this not make him a pharmacist... even though he had taken the same organic chemistry and a few of the pharmacology classes as his pharmacist friends.

Quite an old thread to bring up. These threads just NEVER end do they?

billclinton said:
yeah, like you are really one to talk. aren't you the one who keeps trying to classify pods as anything but podiatrists? you should be happy with your profession and accept that you will be a podiatrist that will do great things.

this reminds of the time my friend in college called himself a pharmacist. what Al did not realize is that just because he sold weed, heroine, cocaine, LSD, PCP, and shrooms this not make him a pharmacist... even though he had taken the same organic chemistry and a few of the pharmacology classes as his pharmacist friends.

Street pharmacists are an important part of our society, I wish you mom wouldn't have visited one will you were in the womb though. :laugh:

If anyone is in the penis measuring contest it is the MD/DOs that have posted here. I said we are physicians; your really is we do this, do you do this. We got this MCAT score did you get this MCAT score. Who's measuring the one w/ the inferiority complex? I'm sorry that your ego was hurt; maybe you murse nightmares will end if you ever get to be a doctor. :laugh:

billclinton said:

Ha, ha. I cant believe you started up thread that had been dead since Feb. You crack me up Bill. Good to see you back. You always seem to make me laugh.

billclinton said:
Since I know you will be a frequent flyer of this forum from now on Bill I will go ahead and make a comment on this. It seems that you have ever taken a logic class in college. You dont seem to grasp the argument but rather come up with your own conclusions as to what is being argued. Every pod here is proud to be a pod. Thats not the issue. Since you like analogies so much heres one that you can relate to. Are you ready for this? You seem to thrive on these so here it goes. Its like Bill Clinton (when he was president) telling everyone that he is the commander in chief and then the secretary of defense geting all mad and saying, "Bill, your not the commander in chief, why arent you proud of being the President? You must have an inferiority complex because you cant just say you are the president. Be happy with who you are Bill". See, commander in chief never had anything to do with him not being proud of being the president. It goes together. Gotta love those analogies.

IlizaRob said:
Since I know you will be a frequent flyer of this forum from now on Bill I will go ahead and make a comment on this. It seems that you have ever taken a logic class in college. You dont seem to grasp the argument but rather come up with your own conclusions as to what is being argued. Every pod here is proud to be a pod. Thats not the issue. Since you like analogies so much heres one that you can relate to. Are you ready for this? You seem to thrive on these so here it goes. Its like Bill Clinton (when he was president) telling everyone that he is the commander in chief and then the secretary of defense geting all mad and saying, "Bill, your not the commander in chief, why arent you proud of being the President? You must have an inferiority complex because you cant just say you are the president. Be happy with who you are Bill". See, commander in chief never had anything to do with him not being proud of being the president. It goes together. Gotta love those analogies.
i was kind of kidding about my last post.