Podiatry Science GPA questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podbadger97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. first post on the forum lol. I was wondering-i know for other grad schools like MD and Dental they include Research Independent study credits in your science gpa. Does podiatry do the same? My research gets listed as a Medicine 699 Course. these really help boost my science gpa. Also, what other courses may count in your science gpa? For example, i got my CNA degree last summer. does that count? courses like nutrition as well? Please let me know :)

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the information at the link below, it gives a pretty detailed breakdown of what they do or do not count as science.

AACPMAS FAQs

As for the research credit question, you may have to ask AACPMAS directly how they would view that.

At my school, the research I carried out was credit based, however, it did not affect my GPA because it was a Pass/Fail type of thing. I would definitely encourage you to call the admissions office, or visit the websites, for the Podiatry schools you are interested in, to get a more direct answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. first post on the forum lol. I was wondering-i know for other grad schools like MD and Dental they include Research Independent study credits in your science gpa. Does podiatry do the same? My research gets listed as a Medicine 699 Course. these really help boost my science gpa. Also, what other courses may count in your science gpa? For example, i got my CNA degree last summer. does that count? courses like nutrition as well? Please let me know :)
Nutrition should count, especially if it is in Bio department. Mine did.

I doubt CNA will count as science.

Reactions: 1 user
It's credit based at my school too @musclesmiyagi but we receive a letter grade from the lab mentor so basically its like a class.

Reactions: 1 user