podiatry vs. chiropractic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are sadly mistaken. DC's are classified as portal of entry Physicians by your Federal Government. They are taught the same basic sciences by the same PhDs as any other healthcare profession. Their curriculum is 4 years plus any residencies they may choose to undertake. I have taught medical students as well as chiropractic students Biochemistry. They are all equally as bright. They both bring different things to the table. Btw what's an MD or a DPM to do when you take away their precious drugs and surgery?? Ponder this. In the future do your homework before you post!

You are sadly mistaken. DC's are classified as portal of entry Physicians by your Federal Government. They are taught the same basic sciences by the same PhDs as any other healthcare profession. Their curriculum is 4 years plus any residencies they may choose to undertake. I have taught medical students as well as chiropractic students Biochemistry. They are all equally as bright. They both bring different things to the table. Btw what's an MD or a DPM to do when you take away their precious drugs and surgery?? Ponder this. In the future do your homework before you post!

I agree with you on educational level. One correction I need to make is chiropractic education leads to chiropractic residency such as DACBR or DACRB. But a chiropractor cannot land a podiatric or medical residency. I must say as a person who has been experiencing both chiropractic and podiatric education, I would say both are very similar. Almost same materials are taught at least in basic science level. Chiro school has much heavier focus on anatomy, neurology and physiology whereas pod school seems to be heavier on pathology and disease process. But I can't comment with utmost certainty because I am still in process of obtaining my dpm. The issue here is the public needs to be more educated on chiropractic and what a chiropractor can do for an individual. I hope my time here helps young doctors to be more familiar with chiropractic so that they can better serve their patients in future. Also I hope young and future podiatrists can take initiatives to educate MDs , DOs and other docs about podiatry as many docs especially old docs do not understand podiatric medicine fully and the rigor of our training

Members don't see this ad :)
Ug why is it podiatry is always on the bottom?

Since September when I first joined SDN I noticed that podiatry gets repeatedly slammed on every single forum. Even in podiatry's own forums no less. Try posting Chiropractor vs. MD on the MD forums. See how long that lasts. When someone says Podiatry vs. X. Profession X always sounds better. I could say Podiatry vs. Unemployment, Podiatry vs. life in prison, Podiatry vs. suicide and I guarantee you each thread will make it sound like podiatry is the wrong choice. This is ridiculous!

<sorry I am venting frustration I have nothing against chiropractors>

Freshprince, you never answered my clinical procedure question.

that is because I don't feel like I need to prove anything to you. Your status says you are a pre-podiatry. At what clinical capacities are you writing your case and at what level do you even understand the case ? Even if I give an answer , at what capacity are you going to understand Chiropractic procedure?

Ug why is it podiatry is always on the bottom?

Since September when I first joined SDN I noticed that podiatry gets repeatedly slammed on every single forum. Even in podiatry's own forums no less. Try posting Chiropractor vs. MD on the MD forums. See how long that lasts. When someone says Podiatry vs. X. Profession X always sounds better. I could say Podiatry vs. Unemployment, Podiatry vs. life in prison, Podiatry vs. suicide and I guarantee you each thread will make it sound like podiatry is the wrong choice. This is ridiculous!

<sorry I am venting frustration I have nothing against chiropractors>

Nah, you never heard the old adage "Dentists are failed doctors"? So clearly Pod isn't last.

(not srs).

But seriously, no one here put podiatry last except you. Hell even in pop culture people go see pods when they have a foot problem (and not meaning it in a negative way) while chiropractors are considered quacks (such as 2 and a half men)

I respect both, but I'm just saying...

that is because I don't feel like I need to prove anything to you. Your status says you are a pre-podiatry. At what clinical capacities are you writing your case and at what level do you even understand the case ? Even if I give an answer , at what capacity are you going to understand Chiropractic procedure?

As stated before, I just want to see how a chiro treats a patient. I don't have much knowledge of what you/they do. Yeah, I am going to pod school and I want to more about what chiro's do.

In fact, wouldn't it be nice if I could form an opinion about the profession from you instead of others who don't have a DC degree.

As stated before, I just want to see how a chiro treats a patient. I don't have much knowledge of what you/they do. Yeah, I am going to pod school and I want to more about what chiro's do.

In fact, wouldn't it be nice if I could form an opinion about the profession from you instead of others who don't have a DC degree.

HAHA!!!!! Now this ^^^ dude is hilarious!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

All this dude wants is an answer

A 56-year-old right handed male presents to clinic with right shoulder pain. Pain started about 8 months ago and has been progressive since then. Waxing and waning in intensity. Described as vague, deep achy pain, generally in the posterior part of his shoulder and toward the upper thoracic area. He notes weakness with performing overhead tasks with his arm. States that when he was in High School Football he injured his shoulder, but the trainer had "popped it back in".

You gathered a medical history and administer a physical exam and have the following results: a. Past Medical Hx: Right knee osteoarthritis, Hypertension
b. Past Surgical Hx: Appendix Removal
c. Family Hx: Father died of Colon CA
d. Social Hx: Smoked 1 ppd for 12 years, but quit 20 years ago, social drinker, no drug use
e. Physical exam: i. Inspection: shoulders are level and protracted; slight muscle wasting over the right posterior scapula; no deformities or rash; no step-off at the AC joint. ii. Palpation: No tenderness to palpation over AC joint, acromion, bicipital groove, or spine of scapula iii. ROM (range of motion); extremely decreased range of motion in external (lateral) rotation iv. Electrodiagnostic tests show weakness and decreased recruitment in the infraspinatus muscle.

decreased lateral rotation could be Anterior Inferior Humerus subluxation with compensatory scap and clavicle or it could be a slight dislocation. rule out any big pathologies, palpate and pin point the tenderness, ask the patient to flex the arm. if there is a decreased range of motion, have him to flex again with slight resistance. do an apley's test to rule out disloc. take a x-ray of right shoulder then see where the humerus is located. start treatment by traction of humerus. after 2nd visits, take care of humerus, clavicle, scap and upper dorsal. after 4-5 visits, incorportate Estim, and after 2-3 weeks of care in slowly rehabilitate SITS muscle. shoulder is hard to treat. takes a long time to recover.

A 56-year-old right handed male presents to clinic with right shoulder pain. Pain started about 8 months ago and has been progressive since then. Waxing and waning in intensity. Described as vague, deep achy pain, generally in the posterior part of his shoulder and toward the upper thoracic area. He notes weakness with performing overhead tasks with his arm. States that when he was in High School Football he injured his shoulder, but the trainer had “popped it back in”.

You gathered a medical history and administer a physical exam and have the following results: a. Past Medical Hx: Right knee osteoarthritis, Hypertension
d. Social Hx: Smoked 1 ppd for 12 years, but quit 20 years ago, social drinker, no drug use
e. Physical exam: i. Inspection: shoulders are level and protracted; slight muscle wasting over the right posterior scapula; no deformities or rash; no step-off at the AC joint. ii. Palpation: No tenderness to palpation over AC joint, acromion, bicipital groove, or spine of scapula iii. ROM (range of motion); extremely decreased range of motion in external (lateral) rotation iv. Electrodiagnostic tests show weakness and decreased recruitment in the infraspinatus muscle.

decreased lateral rotation could be Anterior Inferior Humerus subluxation with compensatory scap and clavicle or it could be a slight dislocation. rule out any big pathologies, palpate and pin point the tenderness, ask the patient to flex the arm. if there is a decreased range of motion, have him to flex again with slight resistance. do an apley's test to rule out disloc. take a x-ray of right shoulder then see where the humerus is located. start treatment by traction of humerus. after 2nd visits, take care of humerus, clavicle, scap and upper dorsal. after 4-5 visits, incorportate Estim, and after 2-3 weeks of care in slowly rehabilitate SITS muscle. shoulder is hard to treat. takes a long time to recover.

Thanks. Gives me a little more light as to what a chiro does.

HAHA!!!!! Now this ^^^ dude is hilarious!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

All this dude wants is an answer

Ha!!

I was having a tough time with that anatomy problem set. I am glad I got someone to do it for me!

Jk LOL!

I was just seeing what a chiro would do versus what I would do. It gives a nice perspective.

A 56-year-old right handed male presents to clinic with right shoulder pain. Pain started about 8 months ago and has been progressive since then. Waxing and waning in intensity. Described as vague, deep achy pain, generally in the posterior part of his shoulder and toward the upper thoracic area. He notes weakness with performing overhead tasks with his arm. States that when he was in High School Football he injured his shoulder, but the trainer had “popped it back in”.

I thought you were telling a joke....:(