You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
political views of pharmacists poll
Started by 8turkeys
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Most will probably vote liberal considering the nature of the profession and that their job security is tied to this agenda. But you will see the occasional highly conservative pharmacist living under the delusion that they shouldn't pay thousands in taxes for a salary that is ultimately primarily compensated by CMS. It really depends on the person.
Last edited:
Anyone else want Unchained to chime in? I'm guessing nowhere near the middle...can only be extreme/non-category defining
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most will probably vote liberal considering the nature of the profession and that their job security is tied to this agenda. But you will see the occasional highly conservative pharmacist living under the delusion that they shouldn't pay thousands in taxes for a salary that is ultimately primarily compensated by CMS. It really depends on the person.
Spotted the guy who's never actually looked at the profit from a Medicare/caid prescription
You don't have the option for apathetic, which constitutes more than you think. Also, pharmacists were reliably paleoconservative (look up the diners where Civil Rights sitins were and the employer setting precedent for sexual orientation discrimination).
Apathetic libertarian. It doesn't really matter to me who is in office so long as the government isn't too competent with the use of force. That does make me anti law enforcement and anti judiciary.
It is to the point where I'd be comfortable living in a corporate authoritarian false democracy like Singapore as their government is permissive but ordered. It certainly is not a representative democracy like the US. Singapore is more like a conglomerate masquerading as a government.
Apathetic libertarian. It doesn't really matter to me who is in office so long as the government isn't too competent with the use of force. That does make me anti law enforcement and anti judiciary.
It is to the point where I'd be comfortable living in a corporate authoritarian false democracy like Singapore as their government is permissive but ordered. It certainly is not a representative democracy like the US. Singapore is more like a conglomerate masquerading as a government.
Last edited:
I know how much it is. Do you know how many of your prescriptions are paid by CMS?Spotted the guy who's never actually looked at the profit from a Medicare/caid prescription
Where I live it is ~75%.
Last edited:
Need an option for "Rejection of the left-right political dichotomy. Any person whose entire sociological, economic, and political philosophy can be described by a few words is incapable of a having a world view nuanced enough to be useful."
Then mark me down for that one.
Then mark me down for that one.
I'm mostly libertarian, which doesn't really translate on your liberal to conservative scale, so I went with moderate....which really is right either, since I'm libertarian.
I'm libertarian, but responded conservative because once upon a time they stood for small government. Now it seems to be more about nationalism and militarization than personal freedom.
I know how much it is. Do you know how many of your prescriptions are paid by CMS?
Where I live it is ~75%.
Then you need to be thanking the fat front-store shopping carts that are keeping your pharmacy alive.
Need an option for "Rejection of the left-right political dichotomy. Any person whose entire sociological, economic, and political philosophy can be described by a few words is incapable of a having a world view nuanced enough to be useful."
Then mark me down for that one.
+1 from me
Which liberal policies to be specific?I consider myself a libertarian but I answered conservative. I think most liberal policies are morally wrong and do a lot to hurt people so I cannot consider myself to be liberal or moderate.
For pharmacists wouldn't a liberal agenda be better for the profession? Less regulation is leading to a monopoly (CVS/Walgreens). More people covered under ACA can lead to more scripts.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I take each issue as it's own and try not to put an all encompassing ideology over each one. Sometimes the conservative option is best, sometimes the liberal one, sometimes neither.
Most will probably vote liberal considering the nature of the profession and that their job security is tied to this agenda. But you will see the occasional highly conservative pharmacist living under the delusion that they shouldn't pay thousands in taxes for a salary that is ultimately primarily compensated by CMS. It really depends on the person.
No way, in our tax bracket you will find more conservatives than anything else. It isn't hard to find people who vote against their own interests.
Which liberal policies to be specific?
The part where they mistakenly believe that the ideology of "we're going to institute policies which take from others by force in order to benefit less fortunate people" is equivalent to "I am going to help people who need help"
Need an option for "Rejection of the left-right political dichotomy. Any person whose entire sociological, economic, and political philosophy can be described by a few words is incapable of a having a world view nuanced enough to be useful."
Then mark me down for that one.
Individual politics needs to be popularized. No more of this "us" versus "them" rhetoric BS.
Liberal Progressive (Berniecrat)
- want single payer healthcare
- want free public university
- want student loan bailout
- pro-environmental protection
- pro-women's health rights
- want increased taxes on millionaires/billionaires w/ tax loopholes closed (this country in the 50-60s was booming economically, and guess what, taxes on the wealthy were very high, **** trickle down economics)
- want decreased taxes on upper middle class, middle class, poor
- pro-2nd amendment (i should be allowed to carry an AK-47 openly)
- AntiFA
- pro-recreational marijuana legalization
- pro-recreational cocaine legalization
- anti-border wall
- pro-globalization
Picture below pretty much decimates all conservative arguments.
- want single payer healthcare
- want free public university
- want student loan bailout
- pro-environmental protection
- pro-women's health rights
- want increased taxes on millionaires/billionaires w/ tax loopholes closed (this country in the 50-60s was booming economically, and guess what, taxes on the wealthy were very high, **** trickle down economics)
- want decreased taxes on upper middle class, middle class, poor
- pro-2nd amendment (i should be allowed to carry an AK-47 openly)
- AntiFA
- pro-recreational marijuana legalization
- pro-recreational cocaine legalization
- anti-border wall
- pro-globalization
Picture below pretty much decimates all conservative arguments.
Attachments
Last edited:
Most will probably vote liberal considering the nature of the profession and that their job security is tied to this agenda. But you will see the occasional highly conservative pharmacist living under the delusion that they shouldn't pay thousands in taxes for a salary that is ultimately primarily compensated by CMS. It really depends on the person.
can't be further from the truth. people tend to be more conservative as they grow older. it doesn't mean they agree with everything conservatives do. also, people that are conservatives tend to not tell people that they are conservatives...while liberals are always very vocal.
can't be further from the truth. people tend to be more conservative as they grow older. it doesn't mean they agree with everything conservatives do. also, people that are conservatives tend to not tell people that they are conservatives...while liberals are always very vocal.
Oh boy, that has not been my experience at all...
Oh boy, that has not been my experience at all...
definitely my experience with educated conservatives...they feel uncomfortable voicing it...it's now a crime to be seen opposing social welfare programs
definitely my experience with educated conservatives...they feel uncomfortable voicing it...it's now a crime to be seen opposing social welfare programs
Ah, perhaps I deal more with the uneducated variety? I don't know, maybe it is geographical as well, but I know plenty of "loud and proud" conservatives.
Liberal Progressive (Berniecrat)
- want single payer healthcare
- want free public university
- want student loan bailout
- pro-environmental protection
- pro-women's health rights
- want increased taxes on millionaires/billionaires w/ tax loopholes closed (this country in the 50-60s was booming economically, and guess what, taxes on the wealthy were very high, **** trickle down economics)
- want decreased taxes on upper middle class, middle class, poor
- pro-2nd amendment (i should be allowed to carry an AK-47 openly)
- AntiFA
- pro-recreational marijuana legalization
- pro-recreational cocaine legalization
- anti-border wall
- pro-globalization
Picture below pretty much decimates all conservative arguments.
I too would like to join the fairy tale party.
Just this morning NPR was describing Roths as tax breaks for the most wealthy 30% of workers.
Liberal Progressive (Berniecrat)
- want single payer healthcare
- want free public university
- want student loan bailout
- pro-environmental protection
- pro-women's health rights
- want increased taxes on millionaires/billionaires w/ tax loopholes closed (this country in the 50-60s was booming economically, and guess what, taxes on the wealthy were very high, **** trickle down economics)
- want decreased taxes on upper middle class, middle class, poor
- pro-2nd amendment (i should be allowed to carry an AK-47 openly)
- AntiFA
- pro-recreational marijuana legalization
- pro-recreational cocaine legalization
- anti-border wall
- pro-globalization
Picture below pretty much decimates all conservative arguments.
Lol standard bernie supporter.
Can I have birth control?
Yes, buy your own birth control. Buy condoms ffs... why should I expect to get birth control for free?
I would probably consider myself somewhere between conservative and moderate, say modervative. Like lord999, relatively apathetic. Mind your own business and I will mind mine. I’m all for free birth control for both sexes...let’s keep the population in check. Don’t take my guns. Didn’t like either candidate in 2016. Would love to see better mass transit infrastructure. Climate change is real, immediate dismissal of fossil fuels isn’t a real option. I wish candidates would present their views on topics that will move our country forward (eg goals for science/tech funding) instead of spewing classic party line BS.
can't be further from the truth. people tend to be more conservative as they grow older. it doesn't mean they agree with everything conservatives do. also, people that are conservatives tend to not tell people that they are conservatives...while liberals are always very vocal.
I think it depends on where you live. I'm in an EXTREMELY blue area, coming out as a conservative can have dire social consequences. I'm sure the opposite is true in very red areas.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it depends on where you live. I'm in an EXTREMELY blue area, coming out as a conservative can have dire social consequences. I'm sure the opposite is true in very red areas.
Ding ding ding. I agree, I don't think it is that one group is inherently more vocal but between geographic differences and confirmation bias both sides probably think the other side is the more vocal one.
I think it depends on where you live. I'm in an EXTREMELY blue area, coming out as a conservative can have dire social consequences. I'm sure the opposite is true in very red areas.
Quite the opposite is true where I live. Everyone here loves Trump. Everyone who is anyone is a devout conservative and liberals are communist pieces of @&$#. Hell, my family essentially disowned me for buying a house with my (at the time) fiancé before we were married.
Lol standard bernie supporter.
Can I have birth control?
Yes, buy your own birth control. Buy condoms ffs... why should I expect to get birth control for free?
No one is asking for birth control for free. The issue is whether employers should be able to pick and choose what your medical insurance/pharmacy insurance covers.
Employer based medical care is idiotic to begin with and I don't see why anyone thinks that is a good system.
Liberal Progressive (Berniecrat)
- want single payer healthcare
- want free public university
- want student loan bailout
- pro-environmental protection
- pro-women's health rights
- want increased taxes on millionaires/billionaires w/ tax loopholes closed (this country in the 50-60s was booming economically, and guess what, taxes on the wealthy were very high, **** trickle down economics)
- want decreased taxes on upper middle class, middle class, poor
- pro-2nd amendment (i should be allowed to carry an AK-47 openly)
- AntiFA
- pro-recreational marijuana legalization
- pro-recreational cocaine legalization
- anti-border wall
- pro-globalization
Picture below pretty much decimates all conservative arguments.
Not a pharmacist, but I would like to know why you'd choose free public universities if you don't mind. I'm on the fence about it. On one hand I see it as a "if everyone's special, no ones special" scenario and the value of a bacc would decrease. Then again, technically everyone has access to student loans anyways so everyone is sort of financially able to go to college. Then I could see it being bad economically because nothing's free right? And average salaries could decrease. but on the other hand I could see it's economic potential, We wouldn't be in debt coming out and will be able to spend more, boosting the economy.....
Not a pharmacist, but I would like to know why you'd choose free public universities if you don't mind. I'm on the fence about it. On one hand I see it as a "if everyone's special, no ones special" scenario and the value of a bacc would decrease. Then again, technically everyone has access to student loans anyways so everyone is sort of financially able to go to college. Then I could see it being bad economically because nothing's free right? And average salaries could decrease. but on the other hand I could see it's economic potential, We wouldn't be in debt coming out and will be able to spend more, boosting the economy.....
I see education as a right not a privilege.
Tuition-Free Degree Program: The Excelsior Scholarship
The value of the degree is in the education attained, not whether you can afford to go. Everybody has access to student loans, but you still have to pay those back. The point is to make it so that people who have the $$$ to spend on tuition no longer have an advantage over those who don't.
Overall IMO, the final goal is to reduce the amount of privilege being wealthy gets you over someone who isn't wealthy asides from being able to buy luxuries.
I'd also like to see this being implemented in the United States.
Universal Basic Income Could Grow the U.S. Economy by 12.5%
Top Economists Endorse Universal Basic Income
Last edited:
Employer based medical care is idiotic to begin with and I don't see why anyone thinks that is a good system.
On top of that a for-profit based third party healthcare payment system is idiotic in my opinion. Third party payers should be about being cost neutral, not profiting. I think it's unethical and I don't think you'll find a pharmacist that thinks what the PBM's are doing with reimbursement (despite record profits on their end) is ethical given that any cost saving measure isn't given to patients (rising premiums).
And the bottom line for me out of all those policy requests is that you'll all get a watered down version of what you want, but it won't matter to you anyway as the sum of the changes preserves the current social order. Some win, some lose, but it'll be change. Almost everything that would really change your life for the better (or worse), you have under your control already.
Doesn't a majority of the country support single payer healthcare at this point? Why does it have to turn into a red/blue, lib/con issue?
D
deleted820760
Unfortunately they don’t. Sigh. I have only met a handful of people in real life who support single payer healthcare. The rest vehemently oppose it. They’re not even neutral.Doesn't a majority of the country support single payer healthcare at this point? Why does it have to turn into a red/blue, lib/con issue?
I remembered the wrong point from this poll. A majority of Americans believe the government should help Americans have coverage, but only about 33% (and growing!) support single payer.Unfortunately they don’t. Sigh. I have only met a handful of people in real life who support single payer healthcare. The rest vehemently oppose it. They’re not even neutral.
Public support for ‘single payer’ health coverage grows, driven by Democrats
I prefer not to have my taxes raised to 50% to pay for everyone else's free stuff.
Might not need to, if companies pay their fair share.I prefer not to have my taxes raised to 50% to pay for everyone else's free stuff.
Might not need to, if companies pay their fair share.
Eh, if companies paid more the market would crash.
so shouldn't we move away from the too big to fail structure if thats the case?Eh, if companies paid more the market would crash.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Given the options of:I prefer not to have my taxes raised to 50% to pay for everyone else's free stuff.
35% tax that funds safety net programs for the poorest
Or
50% tax that funds equal benefits for everyone
Would you really prefer to lose 35% of your income in taxes AND pay for college and your kids' school lunches and your health insurance? I'd personally rather feel like I'm getting some benefit from my taxes than have them solely used to help others, even if the tax rate varies.
Given the options of:
35% tax that funds safety net programs for the poorest
Or
50% tax that funds equal benefits for everyone
Would you really prefer to lose 35% of your income in taxes AND pay for college and your kids' school lunches and your health insurance? I'd personally rather feel like I'm getting some benefit from my taxes than have them solely used to help others, even if the tax rate varies.
I'd rather not pay for other people. Everyone makes their own choices. I paid for my schooling, everyone else can pay for theirs.
My kids are doing just fine. This whole free for everyone would be a net negative for most pharmacist families.
Not paying for other people isn't an optionI'd rather not pay for other people. Everyone makes their own choices. I paid for my schooling, everyone else can pay for theirs.
My kids are doing just fine. This whole free for everyone would be a net negative for most pharmacist families.
Paying more in taxes=paying even more for other lazy people.Not paying for other people isn't an option
We have enough government assistance that we're paying for, we don't need more.
Look I'm sure families that make 50k or less would love for others to give them more stuff for free but again they made their choice.
Paying more in taxes=paying even more for other lazy people.
We have enough government assistance that we're paying for, we don't need more.
Look I'm sure families that make 50k or less would love for others to give them more stuff for free but again they made their choice.
But naturally you are entitled to every government benefit you have ever received and do not spare a thought for the people who are wealthier than you and had to pay taxes so you could receive said benefit.
"If they'd rather die, they had better do it and decrease the surplus population."
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 766
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 560