This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananabag

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm current applying to post baccalaureate pre-med programs on the Postbac CAS and I have a question about experiences and our CV/Resume. I understand we're required to fill our the experiences and upload a CV/resume. I, however, don't quite understand the difference. Is it acceptable to copy and paste my CV's descriptions to the Experiences? They would be the same experiences, so I don't know if I'm expected to shorten/rephrase/completely rewrite these descriptions. I'd really appreciate any clarification from anyone currently applying or anyone that has been accepted! Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure about the postbac CAS, but for my AMCAS and ERAS, I just cut and pasted.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just make sure you clean up the text in Notepad first, get rid of any tabs or carriage returns.

Hey, I'm currently applying too! I wrote a brief description of the event and included a line or two about how it impacted me. How many experiences and awards did you list?

Hey, I'm currently applying too! I wrote a brief description of the event and included a line or two about how it impacted me. How many experiences and awards did you list?
Hi! Nice to meet you! Hm, okay. I didn't explain the impact because I ran out of space. How did you go about explaining the impact if I may ask?

I listed about 3-4 awards (most recent) and relevant experiences + jobs (non-health/medical). I haven't counted how many, but I added the ones I thought were important to my story and how I got to this point! Hope that helps!

Feel free to message me! I'm working on my additional essays at the moment. Good luck!

Hi! Nice to meet you! Hm, okay. I didn't explain the impact because I ran out of space. How did you go about explaining the impact if I may ask?

I listed about 3-4 awards (most recent) and relevant experiences + jobs (non-health/medical). I haven't counted how many, but I added the ones I thought were important to my story and how I got to this point! Hope that helps!

Feel free to message me! I'm working on my additional essays at the moment. Good luck!
Nice to meet you as well! I had to be pretty concise - I used the first / second sentence to describe my responsibilities, the second / third to tell a brief anecdote or explain something I enjoyed, and the last to say what I learned or why it inspired me. I took this approach because I wanted to use this section to demonstrate my narrative and demonstrate my passion for medicine, and I assumed they could reference my CV for more details if needed. This framework was recommended on an article I can’t seem to find anymore, but here’s a somewhat relevant guide to the AMCAS med school application that might help: AMCAS Work and Activities: The Definitive Guide (Examples Included) — Shemmassian Academic Consulting

Glad to hear there are still others out there working on submissions. Good luck, and feel free to PM as well!