Post Bac Med school grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiMDHopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on how med school admissions people look at post bac grades. I just recently did a post bac masters at Finch/CMS where I took 3 med school classes. I got B's in all of them (Finch still uses the letter grading scheme as many of you may know)...do you think med school admissions offices look favorably upon this or no? Just wondering. I had my grades sent out to some of the schools I am waitlisted at so I guess we'll see what happens. Just wanted everyone's thoughts on this.

Members don't see this ad.

They expect "A"s since individuals in such programs are supposed to be undertaking their coursework more seriously than they were as undergrads.

You have a point but many med students themselves will get C's and I know Ive heard where some med schools will find C's to be not so bad since it's average. Im sending these grades in to schools where Im waitlised in the hopes it might bump me up (especially on a list that is unranked).

hey DESIMD, the MIS or AP at CMS isn't that just considered a masters? I am almost sure that postbac programs refers to classes taht are repeating the generic premed classes like physics, bio, chem etc...like they have at northwestern and other schools...I think your GPA will be under GRADUATE...maybe someone else knows more