Post-Bac Pre-Med Programs for Career Changers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blanquito720

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give information on the post-bac pre-med programs at Columbia, UPenn, Bennington, Drexel, UVA, Tufts, NYU, and the University of Vermont. Besides Bryn Mawr, Goucher, Scripps, and Johns Hopkins, also I would greatly appreciate any input on other schools. Trying to find objective information on these programs is tough to do online.

For example, information on student support, advising, linkages, admissions interview experience and what the admissions committee looks for. I also would love to know about the general atmosphere, sense of program difficulty and how time was managed, and how your medical school admissions went. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The people I know who went to Columbia postbac have said that the competition was very intense and weedout heavy. "Linkages" to Columbia P&S if successful (and then one more round of the actual application), but hard to get through.

I did the post-bac at Scripps and thought it was an amazing experience! PM me if you have any additional questions.

Reactions: 1 user
"Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give information on the post-bac pre-med programs at Columbia, UPenn, Bennington, Drexel, UVA, Tufts, NYU, and the University of Vermont. Besides Bryn Mawr, Goucher, Scripps, and Johns Hopkins, also I would greatly appreciate any input on other schools. Trying to find objective information on these programs is tough to do online.

For example, information on student support, advising, linkages, admissions interview experience and what the admissions committee looks for. I also would love to know about the general atmosphere, sense of program difficulty and how time was managed, and how your medical school admissions went. Thanks!"

Hi! Did you decide on any post bacc program? I'm currently in the process of finding a post bacc program as well.