Post Bacc Pre Med program costs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDyoucantseeme

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone else is concerned about the program costs for post bacc pre med classes/programs. I am in the NYC area and from my research my only options for a reasonably priced school are Rutgers or CUNY.

For the people who took out loans to go to a private post bacc pre med program what was your reasoning?

Members don't see this ad.

You might get more feedback posting in the non-trad forum, but I've spoken to quite a few very happy Hunter students. I didn't go there so can't speak from experience, but it seems like a good option from what the students say.

You might get more feedback posting in the non-trad forum, but I've spoken to quite a few very happy Hunter students. I didn't go there so can't speak from experience, but it seems like a good option from what the students say.

I have also heard good things about Hunter, but I know that the classes there are difficult to get into as they close very quickly. Doing well at the Columbia program (or even NYU) is a shoo-in to a good medical school but they are very expensive.

As a post-bacc applicant I had realized why I wanted to study medicine. I felt justified in taking out more loans than I would have prefered to attend an institution that has supported me adquately in my preparation for medical school.

For me it was about quality and the big picture, not just something that could get me admitted.