Post-Bacc with average grades and a complicated transcript!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jennet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering about my chances for any of the bigger name state schools. I'm in my first year post-bacc and here are my stats:

Undergrad Degree: B.A.
GPA: 3.46 Cum Laude; Dean's List
Projected SciGPA: 3.5 - 3.6
Leadership: Tons of undergrad leadership roles, now on board of pre-med organization
Volunteer: 50 hours in home state, starting soon at new hospital, research experience
Work: Full-time at top research facility (here is where the LoR's come from)

Graduated debt free but it took me 7 years.
Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wondering about my chances for any of the bigger name state schools. I'm in my first year post-bacc and here are my stats:

Undergrad Degree: B.A. Theatre
GPA: 3.46 Cum Laude; Dean's List
Projected SciGPA: 3.5 - 3.6
Leadership: Tons of undergrad leadership roles, now on board of pre-med organization
Volunteer: 50 hours in home state, starting soon at new hospital, research experience
Work: Full-time at top research facility (here is where the LoR's come from)

I graduated H.S. in early 2003 went to School A. School A cancelled the BFA program so I moved home to attend a community college for one year and transfer to School B. School B took only 30 hours of my near 60 credits. 2 years later my father passed away leading to financial issues and taking a lighter course load to put myself through the remainder of undergrad. One year off to save money for my move to my post-bacc program, a final semester, and I came out on top. Decent GPA.

Graduated debt free but it took me 7 years.

I'm wondering how my transcript appears with 3 schools, at least 5 W grades (due to finances and time issues), and a relatively good GPA. One C+ in pre-cal which drags my scGPA down, but that's about it. Thanks for any input!
With a steep upward grade trend recently, a high BCPM, and appropriately substantive ECs that suit the mission of the individual school, so long as you have a strong enough MCAT score, there's no reason to think that more selective state schools won't give you a shot.

Thanks for the input! I was worried about the amount of schools more than the grades so it helps to hear.