This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lnotoran

Reaction score
So I graduated from Arizona State with a 3.0 as a Business Communication major in 2013, having completed 6 internships and steadily raised my GPA. Worked at some top PR and marketing firms, encountered major health problems, which inspired me to change my career.
Was accepted into Loyola’s post-bacc program; should I pursue that to raise my GPA or get a second bachelor’s? Which gives me a better shot as a D.O. applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, unless Loyola provides significant MCAT prep/ premed resources, just go with whatever is cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I need to raise my GPA as much as possible, so wondering if the extra classes of a second bachelors would boost it more, or if adcom cares more about the sGPA that the post bacc would focus on. Good to know I can save $.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I graduated from Arizona State with a 3.0 as a Business Communication major in 2013, having completed 6 internships and steadily raised my GPA. Worked at some top PR and marketing firms, encountered major health problems, which inspired me to change my career.
Was accepted into Loyola’s post-bacc program; should I pursue that to raise my GPA or get a second bachelor’s? Which gives me a better shot as a D.O. applicant?
I recommend the postbac. You don't need another UG degree for proof of reinvention.

I also agree that a post-bacc with science courses would likely be most beneficial to you.