This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lnotoran

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I graduated from Arizona State with a 3.0 as a Business Communication major in 2013, having completed 6 internships and steadily raised my GPA. Worked at some top PR and marketing firms, encountered major health problems, which inspired me to change my career.
Was accepted into Loyola’s post-bacc program; should I pursue that to raise my GPA or get a second bachelor’s? Which gives me a better shot as a D.O. applicant?
 
Thank you! I need to raise my GPA as much as possible, so wondering if the extra classes of a second bachelors would boost it more, or if adcom cares more about the sGPA that the post bacc would focus on. Good to know I can save $.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I graduated from Arizona State with a 3.0 as a Business Communication major in 2013, having completed 6 internships and steadily raised my GPA. Worked at some top PR and marketing firms, encountered major health problems, which inspired me to change my career.
Was accepted into Loyola’s post-bacc program; should I pursue that to raise my GPA or get a second bachelor’s? Which gives me a better shot as a D.O. applicant?
I recommend the postbac. You don't need another UG degree for proof of reinvention.
 
So I graduated from Arizona State with a 3.0 as a Business Communication major in 2013, having completed 6 internships and steadily raised my GPA. Worked at some top PR and marketing firms, encountered major health problems, which inspired me to change my career.
Was accepted into Loyola’s post-bacc program; should I pursue that to raise my GPA or get a second bachelor’s? Which gives me a better shot as a D.O. applicant?

I also agree that a post-bacc with science courses would likely be most beneficial to you.