Post-interview Thank You Letter (Multiple Mini Interview Format)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MediCynical

Custom User Title
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had a interview this past Saturday. Just finished writing my thank you letter, but I'm not sure who I should address it to.

The format was MMI, so I had 10 different interviewers over 2 hours. Only one of them was a member of the Admissions committee, and my interview with him was twice as long as the other 9. However, I don't remember his name - only that he was Asian :oops:

Should I just address the letter to the school's ADCOM? Or should I call them and try to figure out who the Adcom member who interviewed me was, then address the letter to him + the rest of the admissions committee?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I had a interview this past Saturday. Just finished writing my thank you letter, but I'm not sure who I should address it to.

The format was MMI, so I had 10 different interviewers over 2 hours. Only one of them was a member of the Admissions committee, and my interview with him was twice as long as the other 9. However, I don't remember his name - only that he was Asian :oops:

Should I just address the letter to the school's ADCOM? Or should I call them and try to figure out who the Adcom member who interviewed me was, then address the letter to him + the rest of the admissions committee?

I haven't done MMI. For interviews, I would just send e-mails to each interviewers. It's nice and quick for all parties.

edit: read it wrong

but still, in your case I would just forget about sending in a thank you letter. I didn't send out a single one back when I interviewed. I just made sure to thank my interviewers after the interview and save them the extra 5 second hassle of deleting a frivolous email cluttering their inbox or wasting paper that would otherwise be trashed ASAP

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Please send a thank you note after every interview that you have. It is not a frivolous thing to do, and often gets put into your file. It is not going to make or break you, but can separate you from another similar candidate.

In your case, with that many people, I would send one to the most important person you interviewed with. This means you have to find out who that was. It will show your respect for both the program and that individual.