Postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j3N12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I would just like to see what people think of my application and chances. I am being realistic and not applying to top schools.. but what do you think of my chances for middle of the road schools? I have NY residency.

25-year-old female post bacc student in a formal program
Masters and BA in psychology from top-10 schools

MCAT 30

3.6 GPA undergrad + post-bacc
4.0 Master's GPA
All A's/A-'s in science post-bacc classes
3.8 sGPA

Volunteering- I have 4 years of experience volunteering in clinical mental health settings, especially with children with autism and developmental disabilities. I am currently volunteering in a hospital now for the past 3 months (will continue through the summer)
Chair position on post-bac pre-med board

Work- I worked as a case manager with my master's degree in psych assisting families with medical and mental health needs- helped them get the services they needed, observed medical and mental health sessions, provided in-home counseling services

Research-
3 years of experience in clinical and developmental psychology fields, including grant and IRB applications
Master's thesis dealing with autism in families

I have not started shadowing yet (my schedule is full right now with work, volunteering, and school)- but I plan to start within the next month and obtain as many hours as I can! I have observed psychiatrists in college- but I would like to get more in the medical field

Please let me know!! thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Concur...chances are excellent

Hi! I would just like to see what people think of my application and chances. I am being realistic and not applying to top schools.. but what do you think of my chances for middle of the road schools? I have NY residency.

25-year-old female post bacc student in a formal program
Masters and BA in psychology from top-10 schools

MCAT 30

3.6 GPA undergrad + post-bacc
4.0 Master's GPA
All A's/A-'s in science post-bacc classes
3.8 sGPA

Volunteering- I have 4 years of experience volunteering in clinical mental health settings, especially with children with autism and developmental disabilities. I am currently volunteering in a hospital now for the past 3 months (will continue through the summer)
Chair position on post-bac pre-med board

Work- I worked as a case manager with my master's degree in psych assisting families with medical and mental health needs- helped them get the services they needed, observed medical and mental health sessions, provided in-home counseling services

Research-
3 years of experience in clinical and developmental psychology fields, including grant and IRB applications
Master's thesis dealing with autism in families

I have not started shadowing yet (my schedule is full right now with work, volunteering, and school)- but I plan to start within the next month and obtain as many hours as I can! I have observed psychiatrists in college- but I would like to get more in the medical field

Please let me know!! thank you :)