Practicing In Foreign Countries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chevy Chase Fan

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone here knows anything about practicing dentistry abroad, particularly in underdeveloped countries. Anyone do it?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah im curious too
ive always been a traveller and think about spending years in japan, amsterdam and spain to name a few, dont know what the procedure to practice there would be like

I asked this question several months back but never got an answer. I moved back to the States after 5 years abroad and would love to practice in Asia if possible.

Do you mean humanitarian work or setting up shop and being a permanent dentist in a foreign country?

I went on a dental humanitarian trip with my church to Guatemala over a year ago. I paid my own way and was able to assist, take xrays, and observe so much. It was a blast.

However if you're talking about permanently being a dentist in another country, the predental forum might not be the best source of info. But who knows. I'm a dual citizen (Canada-US) and I'd love to know what is required to practice in Canada after getting licensed in the US.