This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkdent

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am a non-traditional student. I just finished my microbiology class at a community college and now transferring to a 4 year in January. I have all science classes left to finish.Biology I & II, Chem II,Organic I & II, Bio-Chem, Cell Bio, Genetics,Physics. I have it planned out to where I can have all the classes done except Bio-chem and physics by Spring 2020, Bio-chem and physics I will be finished Fall 2020, Physics II in Spring 2021. My thought is to study for the DAT winter of 2019 and in May of 2020. Take the DAT right after classes are finished May 2020. Submit Application late June 2020 (takes up to 4 weeks for schools to receive scores) after receiving DAT scores. I know taking the DAT a year before application is recommended but I am 28 years old, quitting work to pursue this career, and 110% committed. So my question is, does this plan sound possible?

**will graduate with B.S. Biology Spring 2021, classes will be finished in time for DS1 orientation in June 2021.

Members don't see this ad.

I think your plan is feasible, as you'll have taken most of the pre-reqs before taking the DAT, which will help. Biochem you'll probably just have to learn a little on your own since you'll be taking it after your DAT (and you need a few concepts for the DAT), but otherwise you should be good. Focus on doing well in your classes, and then acing the DAT when that time comes around. Good luck!

I think your plan is feasible, as you'll have taken most of the pre-reqs before taking the DAT, which will help. Biochem you'll probably just have to learn a little on your own since you'll be taking it after your DAT (and you need a few concepts for the DAT), but otherwise you should be good. Focus on doing well in your classes, and then acing the DAT when that time comes around. Good luck!
Thank you for such a quick response. I needed that!

Reactions: 1 user