Pre-Dental Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SloppyJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are in pre-dental clubs at school, what sort of activities to you guys do? I am trying to get some ideas. Anything besides the usual guest speakers, and free pizza?

Members don't see this ad.

HI ALL!!!
At my school, we have a very active pre-dental society. One of our most successful activities is shadowing dentists. We also take trips to our state dental schools for their open house :clap:...this is always a sure hit!!!!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
...hey we never get free pizza...bummer!!!!:eek:

Gordon Christensen is a local dentist, and we went with him to visit the Clinical Research Associates (CRA) building. It was very cool, and the best activity we have had so far. Of course, our club always does free pizza also! :)

HI ALL!!!
At my school, we have a very active pre-dental society. One of our most successful activities is shadowing dentists. We also take trips to our state dental schools for their open house :clap:...this is always a sure hit!!!!:D

How do you make shadowing dentists into a group activity for the whole club?

• mock dats
  • mock interviews
  • personal statement editing
  • guest speakers (adcoms, dental students, dentists)
  • networking in the community (ie. shadowing/volunteering)
  • fundraising/charity work for operation smile
  • organizing dental mission trips
  • study groups
  • dental student-predent student mentorship programs
those are some of the programs my clubs do/have done. i thought that was pretty standard for all pre-dental clubs

publicizing your pre-dental club activities
taking some trips to near by dental schools
preparations for DAT