Pre-Dents Beware (dentalgoal.com)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Panis et Circenses

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
People, I know you are smart, but please don't fall for things that are set up as a trap to take your money. These people here are trying to charge $1,299 for "weekly interview sessions" that are supposed to prepare you for Dental School Interviews. See for yourself: DentalGoal - Ivy League Editing & Consulting for AADSAS Applications

I will even attach a picture, in case they try to change something.

Please don't fall for it. Everything you need is here on SDN. The process of taking the DAT and applying to dental schools is expensive enough as it is. Just be yourself in the interviews, research possible interview questions on the internet, review your AADSAS application, and be confident about yourselves in the interviews. Most Pre-Health advisers can even help with mock interviews. That's all you need.

Something similar popped up a few years ago (dentalschoolcoach.com), and I would be willing to bet its the same person or group of people behind it all.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DentalGoal RipOff.PNG
    DentalGoal RipOff.PNG
    218.6 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: 5 users
People, I know you are smart, but please don't fall for things that are set up as a trap to take your money. These people here are trying to charge $1,299 for "weekly interview sessions" that are supposed to prepare you for Dental School Interviews. See for yourself: DentalGoal - Ivy League Editing & Consulting for AADSAS Applications

Please don't fall for it. Everything you need is here on SDN. The process of taking the DAT and applying to dental schools is expensive enough as it is. Just be yourself in the interviews, research possible interview questions on the internet, review your AADSAS application, and be confident about yourselves in the interviews. Most Pre-Health advisers can even help with mock interviews. That's all you need.

Something similar popped up a few years ago (dentalschoolcoach.com), and I would be willing to bet its the same person or group of people behind it all.
yea someone at my undergrad charges like 250$ per hour to tell students that a good GPA and DAT aren't the whole picture of dentistry

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for posting this. I agree that everything you need and more is on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for posting this. I agree that everything you need and more is on SDN.

While this website is clearly garbage, I would be wary to declare SDN the best source for knowledge. You have to do a lot of fact/checking/sifting to get good info.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 10 users
essay-analytics

Was thinking about using this when I was applying, but thought too expensive so gave up. Hope I had known people on sdn could help reading PS and gave suggestions.

Dang! $1,300? And here I'm doing mock interviews, counseling peeps over Skype, and personal statement editing for free.

Incis0r has no business sense LOL

Reactions: 25 users
While this website is clearly garbage, I would be wary to declare SDN the best source for knowledge. You have to do a lot of fact/checking/sifting to get good info.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
to be fair if theres bad info on here, usually someone educated steps in and corrects the misinformation. Kind of like reddit- someone says something stupid, gets like 100 downvotes, and then an expert comes in and wrecks them

Dang! $1,300? And here I'm doing mock interviews, counseling peeps over Skype, and personal statement editing for free.

Incis0r has no business sense LOL
I think it's bad business sense on your part, it's just altruism on your part. Scam vs. a good person trying to help out, that's the difference :)

Reactions: 1 user
UNLIMITED interviews coaching for 1299, is a steal. We provide a full money back guarantee program . We continue to deliver more value than the cost of our services. All of our clients have been extremely happy with our services. Thank you good person :)

I don't see this as being any different from bootcamp/Kaplan/datgenius and all the rest of the prep stuff you have to pay for.

Would I personally pay for it? No because I can get the info and prep for free. But for the rich folks applying to dental school(trust me there are quite a few of them), they have the money to spend.

So I wouldn't nessesarily call it a scam as they are offering a service and it's up to the consumer whether they want to pay for it or not.

Thanks Panis et Circenses, I appreciate the good work you are doing

I understand where you're coming from. Many people find it difficult to justify a high price point just as $1299. I agree and emphasis with you. Looking at the whole picture, although we have cheaper services this particular product that you mention isn't for everybody. If you take a step back before you make falsified claims out of no where, in an attempt to be a good samaritan, let me explain. We have many clients who have autism or stutters. We also have clients that experience hyperthermia and extreme anxiety when they are put in high stake environments. These individual require significantly more time to prepare for their interviews compared to the average individual. They buy the more expensive package because the value they receive from the product is greater than the cost. A big problem in this world is that we only see things through our own lens. Like @Muhammed and other fellow SDNers we are all trying to achieve the same goal, and that is to make the experience of getting into dental school less daunting. We are all on the same team.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't consider this to be that much different from the resources @Likkriue mentioned. All of the info you need can be found on here for free, so it's up to applicants to make smart financial decisions. And hit up @Incis0r of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see this as being any different from bootcamp/Kaplan/datgenius and all the rest of the prep stuff you have to pay for.

Would I personally pay for it? No because I can get the info and prep for free. But for the rich folks applying to dental school(trust me there are quite a few of them), they have the money to spend.

So I wouldn't nessesarily call it a scam as they are offering a service and it's up to the consumer whether they want to pay for it or not.
I'd say it's different because all of those programs don't cost thousands of dollars, and they actually provide you with a book or a program to help you study for the dat. From there, you can see quantifiable differences in improvements of your dat score. This "interview prep" and personal statement help is something that can and should be free, especially since just about every undergrad university in the country provides these services for free. Therefore if you are paying for it, you are more than likely getting scammed. And yup that was the purpose of post in the first place, to warn people about that.

Yeah the price tag is insane. 1.3k for an hour a week lol.

Yeah the price tag is insane. 1.3k for an hour a week lol.

You should at least read before you make a comment, its unlimited interview coaching sessions of 1 hour each. Like I said before, there are many clients who needs 20+ hours of interview coaching over the year to prepare. I can let you do the math.

I'd say it's different because all of those programs don't cost thousands of dollars, and they actually provide you with a book or a program to help you study for the dat. From there, you can see quantifiable differences in improvements of your dat score. This "interview prep" and personal statement help is something that can and should be free, especially since just about every undergrad university in the country provides these services for free. Therefore if you are paying for it, you are more than likely getting scammed. And yup that was the purpose of post in the first place, to warn people about that.

1. Actually we do provide a book with our interview coaching, we go through examples and scenarios.
2. No, not every university offers free interview coaching and personal statement editing for dental school lol

As someone who got into Harvard and many other top schools, our results and testimonials speak for themselves .

1. Actually we do provide a book with our interview coaching, we go through examples and scenarios.
2. No, not every university offers free interview coaching and personal statement editing for dental school lol

As someone who got into Harvard and many other top schools, our results and testimonials speak for themselves .
Ahh yes, somebody that got into Harvard. Very good work mate. Now I see why others should be paying you lots of money to help them with their interview skills.

You should at least read before you make a comment, its unlimited interview coaching sessions of 1 hour each. Like I said before, there are many clients who needs 20+ hours of interview coaching over the year to prepare. I can let you do the math.

1300/20= 65 dollars an hour IF they go through 20 sessions. 20 weeks is 4.6 months months of prep. That is legit overkill.

If someone needed 1/3 of a year to prep for an interview the prep is garbage.

The only thing you should be lol'ing at is your ridiculous service.

lol bringing them awareness seems kinda counter-intuitive

I would assume most people that browse SDN posts already know what information they can find through SDN. So to call them out on here is just giving them free advertisement.

I am with you though Panis. Buying the ADEA book should tell you all you need to know about applying to dental school; anything beyond that is just neuroticism (which SDN is the perfect breeding ground for it...)

As far as interview help goes, you really got to wonder. Consider this analogy. Would you pay a dental patient for dental advice because they went through dental treatment?

upload_2017-4-7_17-41-7.jpeg

How many Harvard students does it take to screw in a light bulb? One to hold the bulb and let the world revolve around them.
Seriously $1299...that's the cost of a 3 unit class at a top UC school man. What are teaching these kids?

Reactions: 2 users
How many Harvard students does it take to screw in a light bulb? One to hold the bulb and let the world revolve around them.
Seriously $1299...that's the cost of a 3 unit class at a top UC school man. What are teaching these kids?

1299, damn. That's like 173 hours of working at Mcdonald's. Take it easy, dentalgoal team. Take it easy.

Guys, this is an immature conversation. If @dentalgoal team charges $1299 for their services and does a damn good job at it such that a pre-dent uses it and gets accepted to his dream dental school, what's wrong with it? If you don't have the money to pay for it, don't buy it. But if someone who has the money and the motivation to pay for it and gets benefit from their services, why would you deter them?
Because we'll help others for free on SDN

Most people don't realize that their school's career center will usually offer in-person mock interviews free of charge.

Guys, this is an immature conversation. If @dentalgoal team charges $1299 for their services and does a damn good job at it such that a pre-dent uses it and gets accepted to his dream dental school, what's wrong with it? If you don't have the money to pay for it, don't buy it. But if someone who has the money and the motivation to pay for it and gets benefit from their services, why would you deter them?
Because there are much cheaper ways to get a similar or identical outcome. That's why.

The $99 and $279 packages seem like fair deals though. I've met one of those guys before, and he seemed to know what he was talking about. Nice guy, too.

I used to do SAT (and some MCAT) tutoring, which always ended up becoming informal admissions coaching. Charged my students $50/hr, and I think that was a bargain for what they were getting. Is this really that different? The only people who pay for this stuff are desperate and have the money to blow. These kinds of services don't take unqualified applicants and get them into Harvard. It's a business of polishing turds...it only helps crappy applicants look a little less crappy. I'm not convinced that these services actually take advantage of clients because a reasonable person per definitionem would not be seeking the all-inclusive packages he/she doesn't need in the first place. And not utilizing these services is very unlikely to put a reasonable but money-strapped applicant at a relative disadvantage in the admissions process because (1) such a person is totally capable of getting the information he/she needs for free and (2) these services don't seem to be widely used by other applicants in dental school admissions.

I wouldn't worry too much about this stuff. The only thing I have an ethical qualm about is significant professional PS editing because I think every patient deserves a dentist who is literate and capable of clear communication. (The need for PS editing just goes to show how worthless some people's bachelor's degrees are these days). But that's not the biggest issue in dentistry right now.

Who is desperate enough to spend that much on something that's free? Just be resourceful and use SDN's interview section. Unless these guys can get someone with a sub-3.0 and 17AA into Harvard/Columbia, it's a scam.

Confusing people who can afford it but are warning others of a waste of money with people who can't afford it. Not everyone who can afford $1300 wants others to waste cash- doesn't mean they are poor if that's what you were implying. But if you can profit off of desperate people with low stats that are gullible too, more power to you guys

The $99 and $279 packages seem like fair deals though. I've met one of those guys before, and he seemed to know what he was talking about. Nice guy, too.

I used to do SAT (and some MCAT) tutoring, which always ended up becoming informal admissions coaching. Charged my students $50/hr, and I think that was a bargain for what they were getting. Is this really that different? The only people who pay for this stuff are desperate and have the money to blow. These kinds of services don't take unqualified applicants and get them into Harvard. It's a business of polishing turds...it only helps crappy applicants look a little less crappy. I'm not convinced that these services actually take advantage of clients because a reasonable person per definitionem would not be seeking the all-inclusive packages he/she doesn't need in the first place. And not utilizing these services is very unlikely to put a reasonable but money-strapped applicant at a relative disadvantage in the admissions process because (1) such a person is totally capable of getting the information he/she needs for free and (2) these services don't seem to be widely used by other applicants in dental school admissions.

I wouldn't worry too much about this stuff. The only thing I have an ethical qualm about is significant professional PS editing because I think every patient deserves a dentist who is literate and capable of clear communication. (The need for PS editing just goes to show how worthless some people's bachelor's degrees are these days). But that's not the biggest issue in dentistry right now.
Yet another one of your ethical qualms :rofl:

I gotta agree with this guy. It's literally the same thing as all the DAT companies you pay for.

Do I think you should get help for interviews? Only if you suck at it badly, then you should pay someone. But that being said, I think all of these companies charge WAY too much.

Last edited:
I gotta agree with this guy. It's literally the same thing as all the DAT companies you pay for.

Do I think you should get help for interviews? Only if you suck at it badly, then you should pay someone.
But that being said, I think all of these companies charge WAY too much.
If we are gonna go the interview prep -> DAT prep route, then this dude is like the kaplan + all the other useless DAT prep out there and SDN (or your school's professional advisors/mock interviewers) is like feralis + a free version of destroyer and BC

If we are gonna go the interview prep -> DAT prep route, then this dude is like the kaplan + all the other useless DAT prep out there and SDN (or your school's professional advisors/mock interviewers) is like feralis + a free version of destroyer and BC
Haha Kaplan is a huge company, they'll crush these guys.
And I would be wary of whatever you read of BC on these threads, their promotion tactics on these forums is alarming. At the end, I don't think I trust any of these prep companies whether it's dentalgoal or bootcamp or kaplan unless they are free and are genuinely interested in helping us.