PRE-DENTS: What Summer Research Program are you all doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dion

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's March Madness time and the deadlines have all passed or drawing near. I am sure many of you, like myself, have applied to different summer research programs pertaining to the sciences. I have fully applied to NIH about 3.5 weeks ago, sent off an application to BU and my essay, just waiting for one of my other prof to finish my LOR. Deadline is March 16. I am also in the process of sending my stuff to Georgia Southern (just waiting for my LOR). I really want to go away for the summer because it gives an opportunity to develop my scientific skills and an opportunity to work with students of similar work ethics/interests.

What programs have you all applied to for the Summer of 2007? Any feedback?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying for a research grant for this summer to investigate how long I can sit my a$$ and stare at the tv!! I think the reasearch will yield very promising results.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying for a research grant for this summer to investigate how long I can sit my a$$ and stare at the tv!! I think the reasearch will yield very promising results.

WHY??? Don't you want to branch out and develop yourself more?

WHY??? Don't you want to branch out and develop yourself more?

I'm being sarcastic!! I've already graduated and have LOTS of research during my undergrad years, I'm hoping to get into d-school this fall and if I do then i'll go ahead with my summer plans as described above, if not well then masters it is and more research!
My post might not have been that helpful to you...but you sound very enthusiastic and I wish you good luck on your research and getting into D-school!

Am I the only one that thought research is boring as h*ll? I did a decent amount of it in undergrad and grad school, and it was interesting to finally apply information I've learned, but for the most part it is extremely boring. Doing it helped me appreciate research and those whom conduct it, but I would hate to spend my entire life in a lab doing pipetting, dilutions, calculations etc.

I'm pre-med/pre-dent (cant decide) but I'm doing a research project on a really cool reaction with gallium trichloride...:D

penn state for the summer. i wanted to wait around for the other schools but penn's deadline was today, so i just took their offer.

I am going to do research in the largest lab in the world. It's in Indonesia and we will be studying how well different types of lipids & waxes adhere to a resin/fiberglass composite. If we find one that sticks well maybe I can hang on long enough to get some ridiculously long stand up tubes.

penn state for the summer. i wanted to wait around for the other schools but penn's deadline was today, so i just took their offer.

The deadline to apply or to accept the invitation?