This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuminatorMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Incoming freshman desiring to review biology before taking intro bio in the fall. I hope to start the class as sharp as possibly, hopefully increasing my chances of an A.
The last bio instruction I recieved was about 3 years ago so I would be basically taking intro bio in a rusty state.

That said, I would highly appreciate any books, sites and/or review resources you all recommend I use in order to prepare.

(What do you all think of the "Biology for Dummies" book?)
Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Ez.
Go on YouTube, type "Crash course Biolgy"

You're welcome.

Seconded Crash Course. Focus on large topics. You should be able to make logical deductions on tests (I don't know for sure, but I know X so probably Y). Good luck! When the class comes, I recommend group study. Everyone starts out college saying "Oh, I study better alone." They are very rarely right.

Seconded Crash Course. Focus on large topics. You should be able to make logical deductions on tests (I don't know for sure, but I know X so probably Y). Good luck! When the class comes, I recommend group study. Everyone starts out college saying "Oh, I study better alone." They are very rarely right.

Crash Course is good, but I disagree on the study group thing. If you already know the material ya it helps in a study group to be able to teach it to other people. However, if you're in a rush to learn the material for a test its only going to slow you down to have other people asking you questions on things you already know when you could be spending that time reading and learning something you don't know yet.

Reactions: 1 user