Pre-med course prerequisites timetable

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amph119

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have them basically completed as of now (my junior year of my undergrad), but in the case of more... specialized prerequisites, case and point being 2 psychology courses as prereqs (as I only have 1 under my belt at the moment), do most schools require them to be completed by say, the end of your (my) junior year? Or would it be before matriculation?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Before matriculation (usually June or July 1st is the deadline).

Who has 2 psych courses? I know I've seen a few schools that have 1 psych course (like Minnesota), but not 2...

UIC, at least last time I checked. Thanks, by the way, that is what I was assuming. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm that brings up an interesting question for me - i took psych in 1996. I had to quit school without earning a degree. I'm back in school now, my old credits are too old to count towards my degree, but would it still count as fulfilling psych pre-reqs?

Hmmm that brings up an interesting question for me - i took psych in 1996. I had to quit school without earning a degree. I'm back in school now, my old credits are too old to count towards my degree, but would it still count as fulfilling psych pre-reqs?

You might want to check if they are on your transcript. If not, then no they don't count. Even if they are, you may want to talk to an advisor and check or maybe ask in the Non-trad forum.