Pre-med math advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted962263

Hello! I am a premed student taking integral calculus. It is the last math class I need to take for my degree and for my pre-med requirements. The problem is that I really struggle with calculus (which is why I am actually retaking this class). Does anyone have any resources or techniques that helped them? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Khan academy

SI sessions

YouTube

YouTube

Practice

And more practice.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I am a premed student taking integral calculus. It is the last math class I need to take for my degree and for my pre-med requirements. The problem is that I really struggle with calculus (which is why I am actually retaking this class). Does anyone have any resources or techniques that helped them? Thanks!
Do you also have statistics (preferably bio statistics)?

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to practice a LOT, when I say a lot, I mean a LOT of practice. And I would recommend all the resources mentioned above. Plus, study groups, going to TA/ office hours and asking questions, and following the teacher attentively in class are my best recommendations. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don't know what stats class you'll need to take, but mine had some concepts of calculus tied in so make sure you get your basics down pat.

Also graduated with a math degree.

Calculus I

And for a more conceptual look at calc:

I really like these videos, but other than the beginning of it, the rest is over my head. I wish they did more videos on conceptual trig, algebra etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.