Pre-med Nigerians????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
whoa, calm down. i appreciate my husband's culture, just not that type of music. i didn't know that marrying him required me to love everything about Cameroon. There are lots of things that I love, but coupe decale is not one. People are allowed to like different things and have different opinions. I never insulted francophones or West Africans in general, either.

while I appreciate that there are lots of asian people in cameroon, i didn't appreciate the stereotyping of all chinese people as doing martial arts. they definitely do not all practice martial arts. i think perpetuating that type of stereotype about any culture is insulting. and, my asian friends definitely didn't like the "heehaw" "chinese" greeting, especially the ones that weren't even chinese.

as far as objectifying women in music, the francophones are just as guilty as the anglophones/Nigerians on that, but thanks. Sergio Polo? Some of his videos/songs fit the exact description that you gave above. I especially like the one where the women grab their breasts and move them all around. and lest we forget, "elle ne porte pas les calecons. elle porte le string"?

f.y.i. i personally do not support the stereotypical references either, and that's because of what i have learned better since i moved away. but just so you're informed, in most countries that do not have populations as diverse as the US, UK.. you name it, the natives will ALWAYS have some sort of general reference name for foreigners. Is it out of bias or dislike? - NO. Besides what Asian country makes for those in Cameroon? - 100% China.

I think you missed my point about the G-string entertainment stuff. I think almost every country can be found guilty of making music that exploits sex/women. I was making a point about the "bootleg Hip hop" nature of the music which does not seem to be very 'easy on the ears'.

Members don't see this ad.

f.y.i. i personally do not support the stereotypical references either, and that's because of what i have learned better since i moved away. but just so you're informed, in most countries that do not have populations as diverse as the US, UK.. you name it, the natives will ALWAYS have some sort of general reference name for foreigners. Is it out of bias or dislike? - NO. Besides what Asian country makes for those in Cameroon? - 100% China.

I agree, but that doesn't make it right. The same is not true of white people, yet I was always French despite my American accent.

I think you missed my point about the G-string entertainment stuff. I think almost every country can be found guilty of making music that exploits sex/women. I was making a point about the "bootleg Hip hop" nature of the music which does not seem to be very 'easy on the ears'.

ok, I gotcha. I still prefer that to coupe decale though, and it could be easily argued that anyone with a 1980s casio keyboard could make a coupe decale track. To me, all the beats are the same and induce the same headache.

I agree, but that doesn't make it right. The same is not true of white people, yet I was always French despite my American accent.

ok, I gotcha. I still prefer that to coupe decale though, and it could be easily argued that anyone with a 1980s casio keyboard could make a coupe decale track. To me, all the beats are the same and induce the same headache.

like you said, everyone is free to have an opinion.. and all these are definitely YOUR opinion. it's been a nice chat...

like you said, everyone is free to have an opinion.. and all these are definitely YOUR opinion. it's been a nice chat...

Dauymm hommie... u guys need to chill