Chances of getting into HOWARD MEDICAL SCHOOL 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OMONAIJA96

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying for the upcoming cycle, hoping to be among the class of 2022 of Howard's Medical Program. My Overall GPA is a 3.54 and my SGPA is a 3.27. I got a 505 on the MCAT.

These are my ECs:

-I have 800 clinical hours with an ophthalmologist that was also a Howard Med grad.

-I've worked as a pharmacy tech for 3 years.

-I've traveled to Nigeria with my uncle who is also a physician to extend community service help to those in need. (150 hours)

-I am an ambassador for a bullyfree foundation based in Austin, Texas and I've toured various elementary/middle schools locally to advocate and spread awareness (300 hours)

-I am a member of "The Tampa Organization of Black Affairs", and I aid in youth development by participating in back to school drives and serve as a youth basketball coach for boys aged 10-12.

-I've toured Europe in efforts to promote my music. (I'm a musician and I was rapping/singing professionally from the ages of 14-18) and I've donated money from concerts as well as song sales to RISE AGAINST HUNGER, and their efforts in ending starvation in South Sudan.

-I haven't done any research.

Upon reviewing my credentials, what're my chances?
 
Apply broadly.
Ok sounds good. I'm gathering a school list right now but Howard is my target. Do you think those credentials are not good enough for Howard and I have a safer bet getting into another school or I can get in better schools than Howard?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chances very good. Don't forget the other HBCs, and your state schools, for starters.

Thanks. Do those chances decrease if i had 5 withdrawals on my transcript? I had an unfortunate familial instance that forced me to withdraw from all of my courses
 
Nope. That's what the Ws are for!
I should also add that Howard states on their website that they do not require a bachelor's and I have finished all of my pre reqs but i won't have my bachelor's by matriculation. How are my chances?
 
You'll have to ask their Admissions dean. What's your hurry?
I figured less money being spent on getting the extra semester in and paying for classes I don't need towards my career and get a head start on figuring out my financial status on med school by saving more money. I didn't speak with a dean but their admissions department said that it's fine but that to beware of the fact that there are a lot of applicants with bachelor degrees, but that i'd still have a chance.
 
I am applying for the upcoming cycle, hoping to be among the class of 2022 of Howard's Medical Program. My Overall GPA is a 3.54 and my SGPA is a 3.27. I got a 505 on the MCAT.

These are my ECs:

-I have 800 clinical hours with an ophthalmologist that was also a Howard Med grad.

-I've worked as a pharmacy tech for 3 years.

-I've traveled to Nigeria with my uncle who is also a physician to extend community service help to those in need. (150 hours)

-I am an ambassador for a bullyfree foundation based in Austin, Texas and I've toured various elementary/middle schools locally to advocate and spread awareness (300 hours)

-I am a member of "The Tampa Organization of Black Affairs", and I aid in youth development by participating in back to school drives and serve as a youth basketball coach for boys aged 10-12.

-I've toured Europe in efforts to promote my music. (I'm a musician and I was rapping/singing professionally from the ages of 14-18) and I've donated money from concerts as well as song sales to RISE AGAINST HUNGER, and their efforts in ending starvation in South Sudan.

-I haven't done any research.

Upon reviewing my credentials, what're my chances?
Hey do u know anyone else who might have applied to howard? Im graduating this semester n i have a gpa of 3.1. i was wondering if howard would accept me. my mcat score in 510
 
I am applying for the upcoming cycle, hoping to be among the class of 2022 of Howard's Medical Program. My Overall GPA is a 3.54 and my SGPA is a 3.27. I got a 505 on the MCAT.

These are my ECs:

-I have 800 clinical hours with an ophthalmologist that was also a Howard Med grad.

-I've worked as a pharmacy tech for 3 years.

-I've traveled to Nigeria with my uncle who is also a physician to extend community service help to those in need. (150 hours)

-I am an ambassador for a bullyfree foundation based in Austin, Texas and I've toured various elementary/middle schools locally to advocate and spread awareness (300 hours)

-I am a member of "The Tampa Organization of Black Affairs", and I aid in youth development by participating in back to school drives and serve as a youth basketball coach for boys aged 10-12.

-I've toured Europe in efforts to promote my music. (I'm a musician and I was rapping/singing professionally from the ages of 14-18) and I've donated money from concerts as well as song sales to RISE AGAINST HUNGER, and their efforts in ending starvation in South Sudan.

-I haven't done any research.

Upon reviewing my credentials, what're my chances?
Did you apply? If so how did it go ?