Quantcast

Chances of getting into HOWARD MEDICAL SCHOOL 2017-2018

Travel to Ghana on the Ultimate Med Immersion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OMONAIJA96

Reaction score
I am applying for the upcoming cycle, hoping to be among the class of 2022 of Howard's Medical Program. My Overall GPA is a 3.54 and my SGPA is a 3.27. I got a 505 on the MCAT.

These are my ECs:

-I have 800 clinical hours with an ophthalmologist that was also a Howard Med grad.

-I've worked as a pharmacy tech for 3 years.

-I've traveled to Nigeria with my uncle who is also a physician to extend community service help to those in need. (150 hours)

-I am an ambassador for a bullyfree foundation based in Austin, Texas and I've toured various elementary/middle schools locally to advocate and spread awareness (300 hours)

-I am a member of "The Tampa Organization of Black Affairs", and I aid in youth development by participating in back to school drives and serve as a youth basketball coach for boys aged 10-12.

-I've toured Europe in efforts to promote my music. (I'm a musician and I was rapping/singing professionally from the ages of 14-18) and I've donated money from concerts as well as song sales to RISE AGAINST HUNGER, and their efforts in ending starvation in South Sudan.

-I haven't done any research.

Upon reviewing my credentials, what're my chances?

Reactions: 1 user

OMONAIJA96

Reaction score
Apply broadly.
Ok sounds good. I'm gathering a school list right now but Howard is my target. Do you think those credentials are not good enough for Howard and I have a safer bet getting into another school or I can get in better schools than Howard?

OMONAIJA96

Reaction score
Chances very good. Don't forget the other HBCs, and your state schools, for starters.

Thanks. Do those chances decrease if i had 5 withdrawals on my transcript? I had an unfortunate familial instance that forced me to withdraw from all of my courses

OMONAIJA96

Reaction score
Nope. That's what the Ws are for!
I should also add that Howard states on their website that they do not require a bachelor's and I have finished all of my pre reqs but i won't have my bachelor's by matriculation. How are my chances?

OMONAIJA96

Reaction score
You'll have to ask their Admissions dean. What's your hurry?
I figured less money being spent on getting the extra semester in and paying for classes I don't need towards my career and get a head start on figuring out my financial status on med school by saving more money. I didn't speak with a dean but their admissions department said that it's fine but that to beware of the fact that there are a lot of applicants with bachelor degrees, but that i'd still have a chance.

vcualumni18

Reaction score
I am applying for the upcoming cycle, hoping to be among the class of 2022 of Howard's Medical Program. My Overall GPA is a 3.54 and my SGPA is a 3.27. I got a 505 on the MCAT.

These are my ECs:

-I have 800 clinical hours with an ophthalmologist that was also a Howard Med grad.

-I've traveled to Nigeria with my uncle who is also a physician to extend community service help to those in need. (150 hours)

-I am an ambassador for a bullyfree foundation based in Austin, Texas and I've toured various elementary/middle schools locally to advocate and spread awareness (300 hours)

-I am a member of "The Tampa Organization of Black Affairs", and I aid in youth development by participating in back to school drives and serve as a youth basketball coach for boys aged 10-12.

-I've toured Europe in efforts to promote my music. (I'm a musician and I was rapping/singing professionally from the ages of 14-18) and I've donated money from concerts as well as song sales to RISE AGAINST HUNGER, and their efforts in ending starvation in South Sudan.

Hey do u know anyone else who might have applied to howard? Im graduating this semester n i have a gpa of 3.1. i was wondering if howard would accept me. my mcat score in 510

Dekam1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey do u know anyone else who might have applied to howard? Im graduating this semester n i have a gpa of 3.1. i was wondering if howard would accept me. my mcat score in 510
Did you apply? If so how did it go?

Dekam1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

These are my ECs:

Did you apply? If so how did it go ?