Prelim Interviews at Hospitals Affiliated with Same School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AllDay24

Veteran Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When we interview for a prelim program with multiple affiliated hospitals, do we need to interview at each hospital separately?

For example, if we choose all Harvard prelims (MGH, BWH, BID, Mt. Auburn), do we have to interview at each place separately, or is it just a single interview?

Trying to minimize prelim interviews as I have a derm away in November.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I mean a lot of them are at different sites but are under the same umbrella organization...like Kaiser (besides Harvard) has so many sites I just wanted to make sure if it's worth applying to all Harvard if I would only go to specific Harvard ones

Members don't see this ad :)
Would the interviews all be on the same day, or would I really have to make four separate trips to Cambridge?

Would the interviews all be on the same day, or would I really have to make four separate trips to Cambridge?
SMH...have you even LOOKED at the Harvard programs (and do you really have the stats for Harvard or is this just a pipe dream?) only one of them is in Cambridge...but Mt Auburn has some IMGs so since you are an AMG, you probably shouldn't have an issue with getting an invite there.

If you did have interviews at BI, Mass Gen, and the Brigham, then you could always ask to see if they can be coordinated so you could fly to Boston for a few days and get them done close to each other.

Last edited:
If they have different program numbers, then presumably they have different interviews and possibly on different days.

As @rokshana notes, you can always ask if there is anyway to coordinate them but it may require multiple trips to the area.

Lastly, this is why you don't schedule important away rotations during interview season.