Premed Classes taken after graduation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chevelle1969

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious to see if anyone knows if it is a huge ordeal to take a 2 required premed classes after graduation. I plan on taking them at a different University for financial reasons I really don't like to get into. I plan on taking Physics II and General Biology II. I have checked the course catalog of the classes from the 2nd university's to make sure the class description is nearly identical to that of my original university course description.

Members don't see this ad.

I was curious to see if anyone knows if it is a huge ordeal to take a 2 required premed classes after graduation. I plan on taking them at a different University for financial reasons I really don't like to get into. I plan on taking Physics II and General Biology II. I have checked the course catalog of the classes from the 2nd university's to make sure the class description is nearly identical to that of my original university course description.
You will have to apply and do paperwork at a new univ. just like everyone else going for a degree. Not hard but time consuming.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Second what DrMikeP stated above, but it's kind of difficult to tell exactly what you mean by "huge ordeal". No, it's really not difficult at all, and no, medical schools really won't care. You will likely have to do the same type of application that entering freshmen must fill out, but that's really school-specific. The institutions I have taken classes at since graduating really didn't need anything more than a very short application and a transcript verifying I had the pre-reqs. You probably won't need more than that...they're pretty lenient when it comes to non-degree seeking students, since it's really just easy money in the bank for them. If all else fails, fill out a brief application/interest form, and talk to the admissions/enrollment departments. They'll point you in the right direction.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my first post as you guys can see, and thanks for the advice and insight! Yea I met to say like if a medical school would look at it and question why it wasn't completed at the university I am at currently. I had applied last week so all I have to do is wait. Thanks again.

After graduating, I took 2 classes at one college and 1 at a different college. So I had classes from my degree institution and 2 other schools. Wasn't asked about it once during interviews. Just get awesome grades!!!!!