Premed Research opportunity/ CV assistance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adrianh00

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So Im (premed) currently filling out applications for summer research opportunities and they all require a CV. I’m a sophomore and am not completely sure what add on it. Really want to make myself a great applicant but afraid that my lack of research experience will not help. What are the dos and donts of making a CV(everyone seems to add different things). I have zero research experience , a few shadowing hours in dental/and medical hospitals, volunteering hours. Are these things I add or do I just stick to the classes I’ve taken. Thank you for your time and help.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone,
So Im (premed) currently filling out applications for summer research opportunities and they all require a CV. I’m a sophomore and am not completely sure what add on it. Really want to make myself a great applicant but afraid that my lack of research experience will not help. What are the dos and donts of making a CV(everyone seems to add different things). I have zero research experience , a few shadowing hours in dental/and medical hospitals, volunteering hours. Are these things I add or do I just stick to the classes I’ve taken. Thank you for your time and help.
I would add all work and volunteer experiences you have and relevant course work, technical skills.

There are many good resources out there, here is one:

I would not worry a ton about not having a huge CV at your stage of the game. Most sophomores don't have these magically expansive research opportunities, and most are just dipping their toes into the water.

You got this,

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Hello everyone,

Let me know if you need any help! Research looks nice and is a great talking point during the interview but not necessary for acceptance.