Preparing for Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleanor_rigby

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
During one of my interviews last year, I ended up getting asked questions regarding the future of the field, negative aspects of pharmacy, etc. Basically, anything that deals with the whole industry in general.

The only negative aspect of the field I could think of at the moment was the rising cost of healthcare including prescription medications, so my answer was rather concise. I probably uttered a sentence or two at most. :oops:

How do I prepare for these types of questions? Actually, where can I find more information on the pharmaceutical industry and such in order to be more aware of all aspects of the field? Can I subsribe to some sort of journal? I tried to look for books at the library and search on the net, but I'm just getting really general information about the career field(salary, demands, work environment, etc.) I want to be able to elaborate on my answers or carry on a conversation without having them just going down the list of questions while waiting for 20 minutes to be up.

Members don't see this ad.

eleanor_rigby said:
During one of my interviews last year, I ended up getting asked questions regarding the future of the field, negative aspects of pharmacy, etc. Basically, anything that deals with the whole industry in general.

The only negative aspect of the field I could think of at the moment was the rising cost of healthcare including prescription medications, so my answer was rather concise. I probably uttered a sentence or two at most. :oops:

How do I prepare for these types of questions? Actually, where can I find more information on the pharmaceutical industry and such in order to be more aware of all aspects of the field? Can I subsribe to some sort of journal? I tried to look for books at the library and search on the net, but I'm just getting really general information about the career field(salary, demands, work environment, etc.) I want to be able to elaborate on my answers or carry on a conversation without having them just going down the list of questions while waiting for 20 minutes to be up.

So....from your post, do I assume you received an interview, but were rejected?

If thats the case....have you attempted to work or volunteer in the field? You'd probably gain more insight by discussing this with folks actually working rather than reciting what an article says.

An interviewer knows exactly what the future of the field & the negative aspects of the practice are. However, the interviewer wants to know what YOU think about it.