This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prepharm21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was suppose to start college in the fall as a freshmen but i ended up dropping it. It was becasue i was so frustrated with everything. Over the summer i found out that i was not able to recieve my scholarship because my school didnt receieve my new act score they needed in time which i had no clue about because no one made it aware. I tryed getting it back but wasnt able to and i was so sad about it i couldnt even get over it all summer. Then I had to take a math placement test to see where i placed because i was put in elementary algebra and i was suprised about that then when i went to take the placemnet test i didnt pass the test but they combined my act score and my math placement score to let me go into the next math class intermediate algebra. I was really nervous about this because I only got half of the questions right on the elementary algebra part of the test. This confused me because i didnt know if i was ready for intermediate algbera but my school has this math program where I would go 4 extra hours a week in a workshop where i thought they would help me but turns out it was to prepare me for precalc that was the next class. I wanted to switch out of intermediate and go back into elementary algebra but it was getting late and I was so indecisive and when i took a test in the intermediate algebra class i was the last one to finish which happened to me in high school. Now that i dropped everything i lost my other scholarship!!!! I am so sad right now i didnt want this to happen to me my mom kept telling me dont skip a math class in college because its really hard. I know for you need to be good at math and chem had math too. I can still get my scholarship back if i take summer classes. But my parents are letting me go back to the college in the winter semester. I am just confused about my math which i should take because ive been studying alot and going over what i dont know but im scared to skip elementary and go to the intermediate math i dont know why i feel like this even if i feel like i know everything in elementary algebra. I just feel like i keep putting myself more behind because i didnt start this semester and im taking a lower math course what do you think i should do go over a beginning algebra book before i go back to school and start again with intermediate algebra or just use this time to volunteer and work and start with elementaty algebra to fill in any gaps im missing from algebra ??? Would it be better to take the elementary algebra so I am very good at math and take the intermediate in the summer and then precalc next fall and calc next winter? Please help i dont want to make a mistake because I know pharmacy is relied heavely on math and i dont want to end up doing bad in my chem and other scienece classes because i forgot some math basics. Is intermediate the same as beginning algebra just alittle more complex? Any info would help thank u!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Most pharmacy schools only require Calculus I. When I started college, i took the math test and got into pre-cal so I cant really say what they teach in algebra classes. You don't need to know any heavy math to pass pre-pharmacy prereqs like gen chem or ochem. The only time you would have to use algebra a lot is during the pcat's math section. If i were you, i would study and take the replacement test again and go to precal. Algebra seems like a waste of time to me :D

Most pharmacy schools only require Calculus I. When I started college, i took the math test and got into pre-cal so I cant really say what they teach in algebra classes. You don't need to know any heavy math to pass pre-pharmacy prereqs like gen chem or ochem. The only time you would have to use algebra a lot is during the pcat's math section. If i were you, i would study and take the replacement test again and go to precal. Algebra seems like a waste of time to me :D
I cant get into precalc im not ready for that at all! I barley passed the elementary algebra part! Lol i barley got into intermediate algebra! Im starting college in two more months should i study everything for elementary algebra or just take elementary algebra and take the next math class in summer or just take intermediate because i did get in i just feel like im missing some gaps