prepparation for nbde part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Karu said:
Yup....Bond you are right there are bits of the book which need additional attention.....but for the moment I am trying to keep things as simple as possible and trying to prevent getting bogged down with too much information.
meetlife......yes it is very time consuming going through all the material but what I try to do is read the book in the morning and do the decks in the evening. The question papers i just review before I go to bed.
I hope this helps.......

thanks...karu.......
all the best
do well
may GOD bless u...................

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone,
howz it going, iam with biochem still, i think karu's i dea was good , of studying books in the morning and the decks in the evening.

hey meetlife,
howz ur preparation going , which one r u planning for cbt or written.
please be updating the thread
good bye
cheers

hey everyone,
i think its time to get some motivation, i read some quotes which really inspired me and i would like to share them with you.

WHEN YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL POSSIBILITIES,
REMEMBER THIS - YOU HAVEN'T.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL TOTALLY
IF YOU DARE TO TRY.

THE ONE BATTLE MOST PEOPLE LOSE IS
THE BATTLE OVER THE FEAR OF FAILURE
TRY...START...BEGIN...
AND YOU'LL BE ASSURED THAT
YOU WON THE FIRST ROUND.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everone
here r some more..........

DONT KILL THE DREAM - EXECUTE IT.

DECISION MAKING IS EASY IF THERE ARE NO CONTADICTIONS IN YOUR VALUE SYSTEM.

THE ME I SEE IS THE ME I'LL BE.

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER NOW - I'LL MAKE THE MOST OF TODAY
THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER ME - I'LL MAKE THE MOST OF MYSELF.

NEVER LET A PROBLEM BECOME AN EXCUSE.

BYE
CHEERS.

Here is another quote
" Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning."
Mahatma Gandhi

ssaug said:
hey everyone,
howz it going, iam with biochem still, i think karu's i dea was good , of studying books in the morning and the decks in the evening.

hey meetlife,
howz ur preparation going , which one r u planning for cbt or written.
please be updating the thread
good bye
cheers
hi........dunno..........
yet to decide.....
how r u doing......
all the best..
do well
MAYGOD BLESS U.....

DentalSupremo said:
Here is another quote
" Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning."
Mahatma Gandhi
HI...dental supremo.....i really needed that.............thanks a lot....
all the best....
do well :luck: :luck:

ssaug said:
hey everyone,
i think its time to get some motivation, i read some quotes which really inspired me and i would like to share them with you.

WHEN YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL POSSIBILITIES,
REMEMBER THIS - YOU HAVEN'T.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL TOTALLY
IF YOU DARE TO TRY.

THE ONE BATTLE MOST PEOPLE LOSE IS
THE BATTLE OVER THE FEAR OF FAILURE
TRY...START...BEGIN...
AND YOU'LL BE ASSURED THAT
YOU WON THE FIRST ROUND.
hi good one....but y do not u guys put it in motivation thread by boggu......
just a suggestion.......all the best....
do well :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi everyone,
jus some lighter side, if at all u need some entertainment i would suggest u to see a movie - MONA LISA SMILE , the movie is a good and inspiring movie especially for women , and being juliaroberts die hard fan i loved it ......

And about the preparation howz it going , treasure and deepa how r u guys.

cheers
bye

Hi guys,
Sharmila, how are u? What are u reading these days?

My prep is going okey dokey .... This was expected by me as we had a lot of travel planned for this time of the year. Also we are preparing to move soon ...I knew i am not going to have much consistent time in the coming months...

I am presently doing physio which I hope :scared: I am able to complete by this weekend...

Finding it hard to develop a good speed with all of these interruptions!!! :(
Anyway, keep us posted as what are u guys up to??
Bye,Treasure

Hey sharmila,
i have been wanting to see that movie for a while now.....
will do so soon
I think i will like it too!!!
Treasure

ssaug said:
hi everyone,
jus some lighter side, if at all u need some entertainment i would suggest u to see a movie - MONA LISA SMILE , the movie is a good and inspiring movie especially for women , and being juliaroberts die hard fan i loved it ......

And about the preparation howz it going , treasure and deepa how r u guys.

cheers
bye
hi sharmila,
everuything is good here.i am doing da these days...grrrr....boring..can't help.i gota work with u please check ur pm.please.thanks bye.

Atlast I get someone who liked that movie...
I loved that movie..atleast whatever I could make out of it...a bit slow, but kinda nice
Grrrr...It's kinda difficult to concentrate when the whole Balcony is snoring

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone,
my preparation is OK , even i feel bored, wat to do kind of managing it .

hey ajaydas,
i really loved the movie, well here in US , i have been seeing whether they would release it in our area , but got disappointed, couldnt wait so took a dvd and saw , really inspiring , really........ couldnt explain and the last scene really moved .

cheers

Speaking of Mona Lisa, How many people know that the beautiful lady doesn't have eyebrows? Not many I guess..Well, it was the 'happening thing' then. Women were supposed to look beautiful without eyebrows. [ugh!]

p.s Was wondering how would I look..so I stood in from of the mirror and tried to imagine myself without eyebrows............haven't slept in past 20 hrs

hi ajay,
thats right, and da vinci didnt actually expect that smile in her face, i think he must have painted the skeleton , then muscle and then the superficial skin which unknowingly has given her that smile on her face.

cheers

guys i need some help with this question

During a working side movement of the mandilble the oblique ridge of a maxillary first molar passes through which sulcus of permanent mandibular first molar?

mesiobuccal sulcus
distbobuccal sulcus
mesiolingual sulcus
distolingual sulcus

I thought the answer wounld be distolingual sulcus cuz the the buccal cusp of max first molar pass through lingual groves of mandibular molars.

Well the answer to this question is distobuccal and i have no idea how that is can u guys tell me the reason PLEASE :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bond said:

During a working side movement of the mandilble the oblique ridge of a maxillary first molar passes through which sulcus of permanent mandibular first molar?

mesiobuccal sulcus
distbobuccal sulcus
mesiolingual sulcus
distolingual sulcus

I thought the answer wounld be distolingual sulcus cuz the the buccal cusp of max first molar pass through lingual groves of mandibular molars.

Well the answer to this question is distobuccal and i have no idea how that is can u guys tell me the reason PLEASE :confused: :confused: :confused:

hey bond,
Well.. I think the question is not correct for the answer, what I mean is it's during Non-working side........Does it make sense?
Correct me if I am wrong :D

hello , guy this is pendejodo I did well in the da section in the board to do this question you have to think tridementional the best way to visualized this is in your brain with a cristal clear model or the new weeler cd they have a computarized moviments . overall in working side the arrow shoulb b e lingual so the ridge should pass throug the lingual cuspids is correct..................va

pendejodo so u think the answer would be distolingual sulcus then?????
i went through the cd of wheelers too and what i gathered from there was that on working side the mandilbe moves away from the midline so if mandible moves away then maxilla would move toward the midline How would it be possible for the max buccal cusp to cross it distolingualy . :confused: :confused:

Dental doc it absoloutly makes sense if it is a non working side but i double cheked the question it says working side so may be they printed the wrong answer. By the way its a question in the new dental deck.

Pendejodo and dentaldoc i really appreciate ur help thanx

for the peace of my mind i am going to stick with my answer and be happy that i know something for a change :D :D :D

guys how many questionns r there in 2001 deck on the lat movement and working and non working side ??? there r hardaly 4-5 questions in 2004 edition

Bond said:
pendejodo so u think the answer would be distolingual sulcus then?????
i went through the cd of wheelers too and what i gathered from there was that on working side the mandilbe moves away from the midline so if mandible moves away then maxilla would move toward the midline How would it be possible for the max buccal cusp to cross it distolingualy . :confused: :confused:

Dental doc it absoloutly makes sense if it is a non working side but i double cheked the question it says working side so may be they printed the wrong answer. By the way its a question in the new dental deck.

Pendejodo and dentaldoc i really appreciate ur help thanx

for the peace of my mind i am going to stick with my answer and be happy that i know something for a change :D :D :D

guys how many questionns r there in 2001 deck on the lat movement and working and non working side ??? there r hardaly 4-5 questions in 2004 edition
HELLO , DONT GIVE UP SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION BUT i JUST WANT YOU TO BE SURE . THIS IS RIGTH THE ANSWER IS DISTO BUCAL WHY YOU CAN USE YOUR HAND OR FIST VISUALIZED THE DISTAL CUSP IN CENTRIC AFTER YOU SEE THAT THE OBLIQUE RIDGE JUST OPOSE B/W DISTAL CUSP AND DISTOBUCAL YES YOU FALLOW, AFTER DO THE MOTION BASICALY IS TWO STEPS QUESTION PLEASE WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT TRY TO MEMORIZED THIS QUESTIONS PRACTICE WITH A PEICE OF PAPER AND A PENCIL BUT THE HAND FIST HELP YOU IN THE TEST.

this is for people who are writing NBDE aprt 1.i have taken my part 1 on april 23 and got my result on may 1. i got 98 with 99 in physio and path and 98 in anat and 94 in dental anat.
anybody needs help abt how to prepare can go ahead and ask me questions.will reply soon.
NBDE part1 -98
GPA-4
BDS AND MDS(periodontics)

Hi Aravind,
Congrats!!! Your score is simply Unbelievable!!!!!
I am sure i will never be able to do as well as u have but any tips that u can give people like me will be very appreciated.
Kindly detail your method of preparation , the books u referred & anything special that u think was instrumental in your phenomenal success....
Excellent Scores & congrats to u again...
Bye, Treasure!!! :D

aravind buddula said:
this is for people who are writing NBDE aprt 1.i have taken my part 1 on april 23 and got my result on may 1. i got 98 with 99 in physio and path and 98 in anat and 94 in dental anat.
anybody needs help abt how to prepare can go ahead and ask me questions.will reply soon.
NBDE part1 -98
GPA-4

CONGRATS Aravind!!!! You rock!!! :thumbup: ...wow! those scores are unbelievable!!! wow!
Congrats again...& by the way welcome to SDN :)

HI Aravind,
Congrats on such an awesome score...What have you been reading?
I am sure the Universities will bend down on their knees to pick you up buddy....:clap: Great going and good luck to you...

aravind buddula said:
NBDE part1 -98
GPA-4

Hello again, :D
So, r u gonna apply for dds or ms? Just curoius :) I know it's hard to go back to school again after completing mds, but apparently we have no choice :( if we want to practice in US.

By the way welcome to SDN! :)

hey aravind
woo! wat a score , its the real hardwork which i can c behind it , u rule aravind, well how was ur preparation, for how long was your preparation , wat were the books which u followed and the decks , all those stuff .please v do need some guidance.

thx
cheers

err.I think I know a few tricks for getting that score...

1.DON'T EVER GET ADDICTED TO SDN!!!!!!!
2.DON'T DAYDREAM...

the problem is thatI cannot help myself :(

Hi aravind

what a great score congrass :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
ssaug aksed the very same question i wanted to asked so really looking forward to hear ur recommendtion about what study material to stress on.

BOND

pendejodo said:
HELLO , DONT GIVE UP SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION BUT i JUST WANT YOU TO BE SURE . THIS IS RIGTH THE ANSWER IS DISTO BUCAL WHY YOU CAN USE YOUR HAND OR FIST VISUALIZED THE DISTAL CUSP IN CENTRIC AFTER YOU SEE THAT THE OBLIQUE RIDGE JUST OPOSE B/W DISTAL CUSP AND DISTOBUCAL YES YOU FALLOW, AFTER DO THE MOTION BASICALY IS TWO STEPS QUESTION PLEASE WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT TRY TO MEMORIZED THIS QUESTIONS PRACTICE WITH A PEICE OF PAPER AND A PENCIL BUT THE HAND FIST HELP YOU IN THE TEST.

Thax Pendejodo u did resolved my confusion, really appreciate ur help.

BOND

I am too very confused regarding the answer. By your last post it seems like u have understood what it is all about.I tried to follow what pendejodo wrote but it went completely over my head... :confused:

Would be grateful if u could explain it again.......
Thanks,
treasure

Hai bond,

Even i'm confused as does treasure... :confused: When u said distolingual was correct i cd comprehend that...but cdn't understand wat pendanjo was trying to say..
Since u've understood plz tel us how distobuccal is correct..

Thanks
gorur

gorur said:
Hai bond,

Even i'm confused as does treasure... :confused: When u said distolingual was correct i cd comprehend that...but cdn't understand wat pendanjo was trying to say..
Since u've understood plz tel us how distobuccal is correct..

Thanks
gorur

I am not really good at explaning but let me try

well if u look at the occlusion then mesiofacial cusp lines with bucal grove and mesiolingual cusp occludes in central fossa ,
now the Mesiolingual cusp and distobuccal cusp form the oblique ridge,now in the right working mov mandilble moved to right and max moved to left so the buccal cusp of the maxillary molar will move toward the midline and they will cross over the buccal cusp of mandible molar, now the question is, it is the is it mesiobuccal or distobuccal , Mesiobuccal is already in line with lingual groove

hi guys,
please help me!!!! i think v have need course by course evaluation for schools and general for nbde is that right?
so v have to apply for both, and they ask for photocopies , so should i send my photocopy of my transcript or my original, please reply as soon as u can coz i am applying for it today.

thx
cheers

Thanks for your explanation. I think i get the picture but i will know for sure if i have really understood when i am able to solve a similar question correctly!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot!!
Bye
treasure

Bond said:

mesiobuccal sulcus
distbobuccal sulcus
mesiolingual sulcus
distolingual sulcus

i am sorry i forgot what the question was so i am going to wirte it again

well if u look at the occlusion then mesiofacial cusp lines with mesiobuccal grove and mesiolingual cusp occludes in central fossa ,
now the Mesiolingual cusp and distobuccal cusp form the oblique ridge,now in the right working mov mandilble moved to right and max is stationary so the buccal cusp of the mandible will move toward the buccal and buccal of maxillary molar will move toward the midline and they will cross over the buccal cusp of mandible molar, so this means that they cross over the buccal side now the question is,Is it mesiobuccal or distobuccal
now keep the oblique ridge in mind , it is the distobuccal cusp which forms it and distobuccl cusp is in line with distobuccal grove,so when mandible moves toward the buccal maxilla is moved toward the midline the distobuccal cusp of the maxilla(which includes the oblique ridge) will cross over the distofacial grove of the mandilbular first molar.Wasnt that a piece of cake :D :D :D
well i think it would be distolinual which was my last answer if the question was about the supporting cusp of the maxillary molar. correct me if i am wrong

I hope gorur and treasure u can make some sense out of it

BOND

SSAUG
yes u need couse by course for scool and general for nbde, Yes u have to apply for both of them, i thought they ask for the orignals but if they said photocopies just send thoes but double check it on their website befor u submit the documents

bond

Bond said:

mesiobuccal sulcus
distbobuccal sulcus
mesiolingual sulcus
distolingual sulcus

sorry guys I was wrong!
Yes the answer is disto buccal sulcus.

some more points:
In working side the mesiobuccal maxillay cusp, passes through the lingual groove of the mandibular molar
In non working side the same passes through the buccal groove of the mandibular molar.

Hope It helps :)

hey guys,
anyone who finished their ece evaluation please tell me - do v need to submit the official transcript which means the consolidated marks issued by the university coz they say v dont accept the college transcript and my college transcript is sealed with the controller examination seal on it , they told if i remove the seal it is not valid - so should i submit that original or i have to take a photocopy of it and submit, please do reply as soon as u can coz i am planning to apply for it today.

cheers.

hello can aravid put some link for phisio and anatomy no gross also clinical micro. do you use unrelized exams ?

aravind buddula said:
NBDE part1 -98
GPA-4
my mind is somersaulting..........oh boy...........98.......congratulations........and lets celebrate..............
well....heartiest congrats.......
any tips.........o how to and how not to study????
thanks a lot...... :luck:

ssaug said:
hey guys,
anyone who finished their ece evaluation please tell me - do v need to submit the official transcript which means the consolidated marks issued by the university coz they say v dont accept the college transcript and my college transcript is sealed with the controller examination seal on it , they told if i remove the seal it is not valid - so should i submit that original or i have to take a photocopy of it and submit, please do reply as soon as u can coz i am planning to apply for it today.

cheers.
Hmm..
point no 1=First of all...for Indian students, ECE doesn't need any original! You can make a photocopy and send it to them for evaluation. The photocopy doesn't even need to be attested...
point no 2=In case your marks are pretty decent, you can go for Course by course Evaluation of ECE as that is also accepted by ADA. In case it isn't and you are a bit worried about your GPA, go for a general evaluation...Also, send your papers to WES for course by course evaluation as they give a better GPA. You have to get atleast a general evaluation from ECE as WES is not recognized by ADA

p.s I never knew that they even seal transcripts :eek: I know about letters..but transcripts ..WOW

Bond said:
i am sorry i forgot what the question was so i am going to wirte it again

well if u look at the occlusion then mesiofacial cusp lines with mesiobuccal grove and mesiolingual cusp occludes in central fossa ,
now the Mesiolingual cusp and distobuccal cusp form the oblique ridge,now in the right working mov mandilble moved to right and max is stationary so the buccal cusp of the mandible will move toward the buccal and buccal of maxillary molar will move toward the midline and they will cross over the buccal cusp of mandible molar, so this means that they cross over the buccal side now the question is,Is it mesiobuccal or distobuccal
now keep the oblique ridge in mind , it is the distobuccal cusp which forms it and distobuccl cusp is in line with distobuccal grove,so when mandible moves toward the buccal maxilla is moved toward the midline the distobuccal cusp of the maxilla(which includes the oblique ridge) will cross over the distofacial grove of the mandilbular first molar.Wasnt that a piece of cake :D :D :D
well i think it would be distolinual which was my last answer if the question was about the supporting cusp of the maxillary molar. correct me if i am wrong

I hope gorur and treasure u can make some sense out of it

BOND
Hai bond,
Thanks for the xplanation..i understood the second time.but i still think it's a pretty confusing question .U must be pretty thorough ith this stuff now..u've xpalined it well.
Thanks again
gorur

Hey sharmila,
U know, my friend who took her NBDE last year told me that if u just do the course by course ECE evaluation , it is plenty. U do not need to do the general as u will get a GPA even with the course by course. However, even I am sending my application materials to ECE today so I am going to call ada & verify that it is acceptable.

Hope this information is not too late for you!!!
Bye, Treasure.

hi treasure and ajay,
thx a lot for the information so u think course by course evaluation is enough and general is not necessary , then how about for applying for nbde , will they accept the course by course itself, and the course by course done by WES is accepted , but u need a general evaluation done from the ECE ? so i think i should do general evaluation by ece and course by course by wes to get a better gpa is it. sorry to trouble u guys, but little confused, coz i have an average of 60 - 65 in my degree, so wat u all sugeest either to go for ECE OR WES?

cheers

Naah. I KNOW!
I know coz I learnt it the hard way :( I sent my papers for general evaluation.
ECE DOES accept Course by course evaluation too for NBDE application.. And since you need Course by course for Colleges, you go for it. You will be saving some money in the process...
I also mentioned about WES..That is NOT accepted by ADA and a few colleges.I am not too sure which colleges do not accept WES..just been told that. So if you intend to get a WES course by course and ECE general, make sure to tick on"further Education" in the 'purpose' section to get a GPA in the ECE report..this way, you can compare your WES and ECE GPAs and then decide which ones to send to the colleges ;)

hi ajay,
thx a lot for info, please read my post again , i need an extra information too!! :confused: sorry to trouble u :oops:

I recommend going for a general Eval from ECE, sending it to ADA..then getting a course by course done by WES for college applications

and no need to apologize or thank us....we are here to help ;)

Hey sharmila,
i am just deciding the same myself.What I propose to do is this.... Get a course by course done from ECE right now & see what GPA I get...
Then later on I will get an evaluation done from WES after getting my part1 scores...

My friend & I discussed this & her opinion was that if u have good scores like 90 + , then nothing else is very important. So, That is why I plan on waiting & then getting a WES evaluation. Only exception will be if I get a really low GPA from ECE this time. Then I might consider getting the WES evaluation done sooner.

Anyway,my dental college in India gave everybody really low internal assessment back when we were in school so I do not expect a really high GPA ....
There u go ,...
This is what I plan...Treasure
PS: Ajay's Suggestion seems good too............