prepparation for nbde part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wondering Treasure ...why you wanna go for an ECE course by course if you intend to get one done by WES anyway..
You DO get the GPA from ECE even in General evaluation..provided like I said, you tick on 'further studies' on the purpose field
Anyway, a request. ..If Ssaug or you wanna discuss this further, let's move shift the venue to the 'ECE' thread...Coz I've just been scolded by someone in 'tips on ..visa' thread for spoiling it.. I don't wanna risk it again :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing the ECE course by course as u need to do this no matter what sooner or later as many colleges accept only ECE. Actually In my opinion, ECE general is kind of superflous as it really doesn't serve any purpose except for NDBE 1. However as ADA accepts Course by course evaluation by ECE there is no reason to do a general eval.Also u do get a GPA score in a course by course...

This is my reasoning to this whole affair of evaluation...

By the way, Ajay u do have a good sense of humor . I do not think u have to worried about being rebuked for "drifting ' off the main topic in this thread!!!

Bye, Treasure :)

hi treasure,
i think thats a good idea treasure, instead of getting general evaluation by ece and getting the course by course evaluation done by ece as u said thats wat many colleges do agree, so after checking it out may b then v could go for wes, iam planning to do that and i think if v r going to take exam after july i think v have some time left out for applying to ADA right?

cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
hey sharmila,
Just wanted to let u know that I did send for ECE eval. yesterday........
what did u decide???

:confused: :confused:
I was just wondering about the toymed site.
I have checked it out & it seems pretty useful to me.There are a lot of MCQs & it is free. Somehow I get the impression that people around SDN are not too fond of it.....
Is there something I should know about that site????
Anonw who knows , please send me a pm.....
Thanks, Bye, treasure

hi ,
thx a bunch for your concern, well unexpected guests so i couldnt make it up i think by last tomorrow ill send it for evaluation, even i have heard of toymed but iam not sure, i think they charge around $25 for using the site, coz i registered and i was asked to pay for it. Iam not so sure plz correct me if iam wrong.

cheers.

ssaug said:
hi ,
thx a bunch for your concern, well unexpected guests so i couldnt make it up i think by last tomorrow ill send it for evaluation, even i have heard of toymed but iam not sure, i think they charge around $25 for using the site, coz i registered and i was asked to pay for it. Iam not so sure plz correct me if iam wrong.

cheers.

same here ssaug i was also asked to pay did u pay then??????? i didnt. I remmber a old thread saying that it was fake so i dont want to take a risk by using my credit card.

Treasure do u think its a helpfull site? u said its free when did u registered for it ? may be it was free at that time. Do u think its worth the money they r asking for???????? i mean should we register for it.

BOND

Ssaug & bond,
U know , i registered at toy med about a month ago & it was free. Did not ask me any credit card info or anything else. Just some general questionnaire as I recall.
I really like the site ... There are a lot of MCQs in each subject & good ones too. Maybe u guys should check it out too..
Tell me if u do & also what u think of it..... :thumbup:

treasure said:
Ssaug & bond,
U know , i registered at toy med about a month ago & it was free. Did not ask me any credit card info or anything else. Just some general questionnaire as I recall.
I really like the site ... There are a lot of MCQs in each subject & good ones too. Maybe u guys should check it out too..
Tell me if u do & also what u think of it..... :thumbup:

May be if u give ur username & password, We all will also use it for free! :)

Just kidding :D

hi guys,
treasure was right, now i think its for free, they in particular say not to make any payments, i think after 24 hours your account gets activated, so i think everyone can try it.

cheers.

ssaug said:
hi guys,
treasure was right, now i think its for free, they in particular say not to make any payments, i think after 24 hours your account gets activated, so i think everyone can try it.

cheers.

I am going to try it as soon as i fisnish the old papers and dental deck. And i hope its before 12 july.

Thanx treasure.

hey everyone,
as treasure said toymed is good , the review session and the test session are very useful, lots of mcq's it is good.

hey everyone,
howzit going, slowed for 2 days and i am kind of slogging oh my......... :( hope u people r doing better. pls update

cheers.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi all.im planning to take part1 in aug,last week.im wondering is it toolate ot apply to most of the colleges ull think?pls od lemme know.otherwise how r all of ull preparing?also do ull know a good place to buy the 2004 decks i only have 2001,not sure if its good enuf.not yet started with qpapers or anythign,pls do lemmek now wat ull think&all the best to all of ull as well.keep on studyin..! :)

toothfairy78 said:
hi all.im planning to take part1 in aug,last week.im wondering is it toolate ot apply to most of the colleges ull think?pls od lemme know.otherwise how r all of ull preparing?also do ull know a good place to buy the 2004 decks i only have 2001,not sure if its good enuf.not yet started with qpapers or anythign,pls do lemmek now wat ull think&all the best to all of ull as well.keep on studyin..! :)

Tooth fairy since ur taking exam in Aug so i assume it is CBT and u get ur result with in 10 days so i dont thing ur late for the application.Since all the people appearing in july will get their results by end of aug too.
Well in one of the other threads people said that 2001 deck was pretty much same as 2004 one . So to me there is no need to buy the 2004 one( choice is urs) . U should definitly do all the past papers and deck and if u have time then kaplan notes.All the best to u too.

BOND

<--- is still struggling with his SDN addiction...Hey Tothfairy, I agree with BOND. As long as you concentrate and hit the decks right from today, it would be fine
Hey SSAUG, join the gang ;) Weekends seem to be very unlucky for me...I am not going out nowadays..still, I managed to do 20 decks in 2 days :(

AjayDas said:
<--- is still struggling with his SDN addiction...Hey Tothfairy, I agree with BOND. As long as you concentrate and hit the decks right from today, it would be fine
Hey SSAUG, join the gang ;) Weekends seem to be very unlucky for me...I am not going out nowadays..still, I managed to do 20 decks in 2 days :(

Hmmm so ur back ajay. I was sure u wount be able to stay away from sdn for 2 weeks.Welcome back and dont wory u r still better then me i just did 10 cards in 2 days and every time i read something it reminded me of something else and i had to go back to books so the end result was 5 cards per day.

toothfairy78 said:

hi toothfair !!
i just want to let u know i m with u :) !
i m using 2001 decks,me too giving exams (part 1) in Aug as i m not able to study now a days n i ll take CBT only !
All the Best ........ :luck:

Thanks Bond ;) Right now, my problem is with Arteries, veins and nerves...I read about Facial artery, start thinking about facial vein...and then wonder why does facial nerve go the way it goes....Together, they become very confusing..

p.s It really would have helped had they named the artery 'Bond' and nerve 'Ajay' or something...Same name spells trouble always grrrrr

hi guys,
I am not clear as 2 which exam is better the written/cbt.
wotz the requirements 4 them?
As i have no frds giving the boards here in Detroit,MI..I am really skeptical.
by the way how would toymed b useful 2 me
Would b glad 2 get an input.
Thanks,
[email protected]
pn:i happened 2 post the same in an other thread by mistake

Hiya Drumps..I take it for granted that you are an international student from an non ADA accredited College...So regarding requirements, you need to have a Graduate {Dentistry} degree from your country..You have to fill up the application form and send it to ADA. Also, send your post secondary marks cards including your rotatory internship completion to WES or ECE for evaluation...For the exam, that's about it..Let us know if you want more details

Regarding PBT/CBT, well they are nearabout the same. No difference in requirements...You get to choose the date in CBT. It's more expensive compared to PBT. Some people have mentioned that CBT is easier in other threads as it has got more repetitions..But I am not too sure how far it is true.

hi all! thanks,ajay&bond so much for the input.hey,denti_st so how is ur prep comin along?ur not anxious abt the 2004 having many changes then?i am not able to study anythign in the evenings i try my best to get stuff done in the morning,i havent started with d.a,how do ull find it,supp to be the toughest of them all right?have ull checked out the netters cards?they r quite nice,available at barnes&noble for like 29 bucks,its costlier on amazon.i have unfinished business in all the subjects dappling in here&there.gosh i dont knwo how to do this!!neway look fwd to more chattin here,take care.

even i have the same thougth as drumps but :idea: i have decided to go for the cbtbec i feel it will be less time consuming&more clear(u wont have to strain ur neck or anythign)i find the comp more easier,i have given all my tests so far(aft comin to us)on a comp,driving,toefl etc.i think it should be the same,but i would not count on it being easier,ppl who r practicing on the decks from a cd may definitely find it easy&they will be accostumed to it.why dont u order the tutorial at joint comission(its on the web)u will find for sure then.ok bye :thumbup:

does anyone here alreay have online access to hte kaplan online q bank :rolleyes: ,im thinkin of gettin the 1 month package do u guys knwo if its worth it at all?whether we wil get an idea of how it wil be on the cbt if we practice on that?lemme know,how u feel :confused: ...

hi sharmila...
where do you stay in virginia?i am from richmond.i took part1 last year and gotta score of 85...as i cudnt make it to any of the dental schools with this score i plan to re-take this exam.i think i'll be taking cbt in sept/oct.
all the best for your preparations...
dipali

hi ,ajay& all u guys
i have done the requirements 4 the exam 4m the application point.but abt the material /subject area 2 cover ? :confused:
how do i go abt it,i covered the decks.butit seems 2 tough

Well..This varies like anything...Half of the population here in SDN will swear by the Decks..the rest will say "Hey buddy, go for Kaplan" So basically it depends on you....

hi dipali,
actually iam in northern part of virginia, i meant near pentagon and i am planning to take up my exams in august or september too....
Any way about the study material its upto the individual if u feel u want to brush up your basics study kaplan or watever nbde study materials , otherwise if u feel u have a strong basics then u can try the decks and asda papers...
About decks as i told u i have 2004 decks, and the people in the decks told me there is no much of change at all all are the same , for the sack of publishing i think they did it so need not worry about that ......... i think 201 decks is good......
hi ajay and bond,
its ok v r jus humans u c it happens i ususally console me saying that , anyway lets all try to give the best of ours .........

cheers
bye.

hi guys
would u be kind enough to tell me how do i access the qs on toymed.i have logged on,but failed to access the mcq.plz bare in mind i am new to all this. :D by the way it was the link for the part-1 preparation.if not then.....
:oops: thanks all the same,
[email protected] :)

hi drmps,
u have to first register , then after 24 hours they send u an email verification stating that ur account is activated after that only i think u ll b able to access it.
hope this helps u.

cheers.

hi guys i just went to the toymed site.it seems good.i have registered.who runs this site?do ull find it useful? :luck: i live in minnesota where the weather sucks like anything!!its terrible esp now raingn cold&wet,just cant study.so lucky dipali&sharmilait must be nice &warm for u guys right?i hatttttttttte this.i cant study need a break :eek:

hey guys,
howz the preparation coming along. my preps very slow nowadays.weekends, it just crawls. i have to put in more effort. but ib all this i cant help but think how much destiny plays a part in our scores. u can study real hard and cover all topics etc but,lady luck has to grace u to get the majic score. the 1%luck factor is so crucial. :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

hi everyone,
thats right ..........the process has become really slow ......... but there is no other go somehow v have to do it guys,
all the very best for everyone

cheers

Things are looking bleak on my end...
I started doing Anat papers...the first two went superb..I got only 18 and 20 wrong...But the next two went down pretty badly..I got 34 and 35 wrong...Something tells me I gotta repeat Anat :(

No way ajay!

Don't repeat Anat or any other sub for that matter......keep on solving the papers.....today u might get only 3 wrong....tomo 35 wrong in the same paper and then again only 3 wrong....the main point is perseverence....keep on solving the papers.....there will come a stage where u will know the option for each and every questions.....and at this time when uread the decks u will notice that almost all the questions have been mentioned in the decks.....if u just read the decks u miss them...so keep on solving the papers....and keep a tabular record of all your scores......helps a lot!Also note the ques u get wrong most often and do them over and over again.

All the best!

Friends,

I am also a dec hopeful.

Looking for students to share thoughts and discuss topics studieid for the day.I would like to know if someone, who is SINCERELY studying is interested to talk and discuss with me.If u r post or email me at [email protected] and we can regularly exchange phone talks for the days progess.

Currently I am studing anatomy.Following dental decks and kaplan.

Bye.

get up&move out of that piteous sleepy zone.we r the makers of our fate,even for lady luck to favor us we must impress her somucht at she decides we r worthy of receiving her garce.which we will do.i know all of us have good traingfrom india,.in fact the very thing that we have completed &become dentists mean that we have it in us to do it.we can make it thru.we r all very capable.we just have to P-U-S-H(pray until somthing happens!!).ourselves dont worry.thats the key factor(which i do a lottttttttttttttt)relax,tell urself u have already doen this,uve taken exams before this is no differentit will come by sooner or later.there is no escaping this so lets face it together.i am sure we will all getabove 90 inthe comp exam(looksliek everyoen is doing that only!!)ok cmon get motivated lets not waste another second &inlazing prove how proactive we can be lets go!!!!

:thumbup:
thanks for motivating...i guess everybody needs this from time to time.its so easy to lose heart and feel discouraged .....but not anymore :)

back to studies .....

hi guys;
i wanted to know whcih decks r u refering to the 2001 editon or the latest one s?

hi kosha,i am presently studyngthe 01 decks,but i am worried whther they will do in fact i am hoping to place the order with few ppl so that we can get a group discount lemme knwo if ur interested...im still not sure if nonoe comes ahead ill just study the 01 decks.lemm eknow...

hi guys,
welcome kosha and tooth fairy , that was a good PUSH for all of us ......well v all need it , i heard 01 decks is good , 04 decks has not got anything different from that of 01 so i think u can go on with 01 decks.........

all the best for u all
cheers.

hi dipali n ssaug,
want to know other than decks wat else u people r reffering.
i'm doing kaplan text ,is that good enough or anything else i have to refer.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

hi samina,
i am also using kaplan book , i think its good reference book, it depends upon the individual , i feel comfortable with kaplan and it is good too it focuses nbde and everything is given in points and easy to remember , but its vast , i think i need a brush up of my basics ......... i hope this helps .

cheers

hi ssaug,
thanks for ur suggestion,one more thing i want to ask whether v have to refer the text which v use in india like chaurasiafor anatomy etc etc..... or dental decks,kaplan text n asda paper,these all is enough for nbde .
if anything else is good n needed to be refer ,PLEASElet me know.

hi samina,
of course in watever u r comfortable with....... and kaplan is a collection of allthose autors chaurasia and others, so if u feel they can help its good, our main goal is to understand the basic sciences, so no matter wat book v refer anything is good........

hi guys,
i have given a pause i am preparing for my toefl , so i thought i would take a little diversion , but after that only i realised i was wrong in one thing - when preparing for nbde i thought my foundation in basic sciences were bad :confused: , but now i feel my foundation in english is worst :D :laugh:

cheers

Hi sharmila,
Do not worry about toefl....
I have taken toefl a few years ago & I can say that it was the easiest exam I ever took.....
I have read your posts in this forum & judging by it ,you should do just fine!!!!
:D :D :thumbup:
All the very best to u.....
Treasure

hi! i just graduated from India and I am new to the site and am trying to gather as much info as i can to start studying for part 1 in dec. please can u help me. i haven't joined Kaplan yet. can you help me with the names of books and different study materials. I am so very confused. I will greatly appreciate your help. thanks a lot and good luck to all for your studies. Hope all your efforts are rewarded.

Best of luck
farheen

farhuf said:
hi! i just graduated from India and I am new to the site and am trying to gather as much info as i can to start studying for part 1 in dec. please can u help me. i haven't joined Kaplan yet. can you help me with the names of books and different study materials. I am so very confused. I will greatly appreciate your help. thanks a lot and good luck to all for your studies. Hope all your efforts are rewarded.

Best of luck
farheen

Hi farheen and welcome to the forum

Since u r planning to take part-1 in dec so ur have plenty of time and the Kaplan would be a good review book in addition to that u can

USMLE-1 review book for Physio,Patho, Biochem &Microbiology
Wheelers for DA
past papers and Dental deck.

Most of the people use just the deck and past papers it depends on how strong ur basic sciences r but if u want a review book the other 2 books i mentioned above r really good

Hope it help

BOND

Hiya Farheen...Lucky dude..you got so many months to prepare...

Question Number 51 of Biochem/Physio {1A}
ADH is synthesized in....
I chose Hypothalamic nuclei..the key says 'cells of the posterior hypophysis'

Someone give me the address of the keymaker. I wanna inject ADH into his body grrrr
I think my answer is right