Prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikeshp

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will med schools reject you if you don't have the prereqs or will they let you know that you need to take this class before med school starts? I am asking because I am a biochem major, w/ AP credit in english, bio, and chem, and i know schools require upper level courses if you use ap credit, and i am a biochem major so i think all of the requirements will be satisfied, but i am not positive.

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to have them completed at the time that you submit your application. You do need to complete all courses required by a school before you matriculate. Every now and then someone needs to rush to squeeze in a specific course or two during the spring or semesters before starting med school. The call on which courses meet the reqs for students who took AP credit can vary from school to school. You might just cover your bases the best you can during undergrad, and then ask specific schools about their policies once you are ready to start applying.

Hopefully, a few people who have been in that position will pipe up on here and let you know what worked for them.