Prerequisites at a CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The REAL Doc McStuffins

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I’m in my last year of nursing school and will be graduating in December. I still desire to become a physician, so my question is, would it be okay to take the prerequisites at a community college after I graduate? It’s just more affordable and the class schedule is more accommodating for people who work. Will med schools accept this?

Members don't see this ad.

Some will. Some won't. It is worth purchasing access to the AAMC MSAR (medical school admission requirements) to get the scoop on which schools do and which don't.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone. So I’m in my last year of nursing school and will be graduating in December. I still desire to become a physician, so my question is, would it be okay to take the prerequisites at a community college after I graduate? It’s just more affordable and the class schedule is more accommodating for people who work. Will med schools accept this?
My older sister did her prereqs at a CC after she graduated as a DIY post bacc from another major but like LizzyM said you have to look at the MSAR to see if they allow CCs to count.

Reactions: 1 users