Pretend you are an ADCOM member interviewing an applicant. What bizarre question would you ask the interviewee to see how they react?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jokes on you I have my own OnlyFans

If you subscribe for $5 a month I’ll let you see what my lower thigh looks like ;)
I'll be happy to subscribe to your page if you subscribe to mine: onlyfans.com/Moko

FYI: I charge $19.99/month

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Rejected for not answering the question!!
I did some further digging:

According to this opinion piece, my on-the-spot-thought-I-was-original notion of Mickey enslaving Pluto is a common thought among internet dwellers, however they also propose a different hypothesis. That something within the Disney/Mickey universe creates a distinct division between anthropomorphized animals and animal animals. Some sort of long-ago great mutation even would have led to the evolution of the human-animals - including a human goofy. “Homo gooficus” if you will. Whereas Pluto is an animal dog, Goofy is an anthropomorphic dog affected by whatever long-ago tragedy of mutation fell upon the citizens of Disney-land.

You’re a physician and took an oath to do no harm. Your patient is a Jehovah’s Witness who refuses a blood transfusion. The patient is unconscious and rapidly bleeding out. In theory, the patient might not know if they ever received a transfusion. You also have reason to believe the patient was unduly influenced/coerced by family members into refusing blood. There isn’t time for a court order and guardian ad litem. The next of kin is unavailable. What would you do? Do you let the patient die? Do you violate patient autonomy? How would you decide?
I take the patient's blood since they're dying anyway and give it to someone in need
300px-Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If a highly inexpensive performance-enhancing substance were discovered that improved cognition and had no discernable side effects or addiction potential, should it be legalized for widespread use, and why? Would you, yourself use this substance, and why?

Reactions: 6 users
If a highly inexpensive performance-enhancing substance were discovered that improved cognition and had no discernable side effects or addiction potential, should it be legalized for widespread use, and why? Would you, yourself use this substance, and why?
You mean caffeine?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Fine then.

The pie predates the sandwich and was the original carbohydrates contained delivery mechanism for food. Thus sandwiches are just an improvement on pie.
Nothing is an improvement on pie! Pie is the best!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Just as the salad requires a plate and soup requires a bowl, should not the pie tin - required in both the construction and baking of the pie -itself be considered a separate receptacle for serving?

I propose that these three receptacles - and perhaps even additional variations such as the bread bowl, cup, vase, and carafe - are all derived from a singular original food and beverage containing vessel AND THUS a singular original food.

Phylogenetically, this LUCF (Last Universal Common food) is none other than water. Water in cupped hands. Therefor, all foods belong to a single food classification. Different variations and configurations of water.

This debate is done. Let us put it to rest in an unlabeled grave in the same manner as the great 19th century poet John Keats, taken too young and ahead of his time. Across the tombstone for this completed debate lies no name or date, only quothe the line:

“Here lies one whose name was writ in water.”
Would you consider fruit from a tree or vegetables from the ground to be water-delivery containers?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What if the answer is zero but with a logical clarifier?

“I don’t masturbate whatsoever, but my spouse and I are hardcore into the FreeUse fetish so that keeps my libido in check.”
/turf to the Lounge

According to the cube rule a hotdog is a taco.

A hotdog could be converted to a sandwich by separating the bun into two pieces and making them parallel.
lol

According to the cube rule a hotdog is a taco.

A hotdog could be converted to a sandwich by separating the bun into two pieces and making them parallel.
yessssss this is the exact hill that i am willing to die on

Another favorite food philosophy question: Is cereal a soup?

(a fun related game that the food debaters in this thread might enjoy: Something Something Soup Something )

So you're telling me hot dogs and Philly cheesesteaks are tacos? Hell no. I won't stand for it. They're sandwiches
IMO if you eat a hot dog sideways, with bun on top, it could be a sandwich. but eaten condiments up, as god intended, it is a taco

• Haha
This is easily disputed by virtue of hot pockets being a sandwich. That’s not an opinion, either - it says it right on the box
Hot Pockets are hillbilly calzones, and calzones are Italian full-closure sandwiches, therefore Hot Pockets are sandwiches

Reactions: 2 users
This is easily disputed by virtue of hot pockets being a sandwich. That’s not an opinion, either - it says it right on the box
Hot Pockets came out in 1983, prior to the development of the Cube Rule. Within this updated schema they clearly fall into the category of calzone.

The Wikipedia page on Hot Pockets even describes them as "calzone-like."

Hot Pockets came out in 1983, prior to the development of the Cube Rule. Within this updated schema they clearly fall into the category of calzone.

“Calzone-like” isn’t the same thing as a calzone though. Feel free to file a consumer complaint with the FDA if you feel hot pockets are mislabeling their food products, but until then, I will stand my ground that hot pockets are sandwiches!

1. All food is either a sandwich or not a sandwich.
2. #1 could be reconstituted as a P/F question.

• Hmm

Quasi calzonious articles of food clearly fall within the sandwich umbrella. :laugh:

Quasi calzonious articles of food clearly fall within the sandwich umbrella. :laugh:
Oxford definition of sandwich (noun): an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.

Sandwich (verb): insert or squeeze (someone or something) between two other people or things, typically in a restricted space or so as to be uncomfortable.

Hot Pocket = filling totally encased by starch.
Total encasement by starch = calzone.

Besides, if everything is a sandwich, the term loses meaning.

Oxford definition of sandwich (noun): an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.

Sandwich (verb): insert or squeeze (someone or something) between two other people or things, typically in a restricted space or so as to be uncomfortable.

Hot Pocket = filling totally encased by starch.
Total encasement by starch = calzone.

Besides, if everything is a sandwich, the term loses meaning.
The world is a place of madness. There is no meaning. There is only soup and sandwich

Reactions: 2 users