Pretend you are an ADCOM member interviewing an applicant. What bizarre question would you ask the interviewee to see how they react?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not according to Sir Isaac Newton

What was Sir Isaac Newton’s dream when the apple fell over his head?

Members don't see this ad.

When this thread first opened, I read the first couple of comments, laughed, and closed the page.

For the past few days, I've been wondering, "How the heck does that thread have so many views and comments?"

5 pages later - and an absolute detriment to my pharm exam tomorrow - now I know. Thanks everyone :rofl:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Did you apply to our school because Faha suggested it to you?" should be a staple interview question.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
A friend of mine who applied to med school two years ago was asked an MMI question along the lines of:

"If you had to listen to only one Beatles song for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?"

My friend jokes that if a person couldn't name a Beatles song, they were automatically rejected for having bad taste in music.
I would probably respond unhappily with a resounding “that’s unfair” then say “With A Little Help From My Friends”.
Then wonder if I would get points removed for saying I prefer Queen over The Beatles.

If a patient is part of a cult and wanted to die and had ingested toxic Koolaid (like the Jones Town Massacre except wittingly) would you accuse a doctor that resuscitates the patient against his will of lacking empathy?
One person’s cult is another person’s religion and vice versa.

It’s disconcerting that you equate treating someone who committed suicide as part of a cult and someone with capacity refusing a blood transfusion as part of their religion.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
it just mashes it all together and makes it harder to clean. less cleanly and makes more work for yourself.

Mashes what together? If you have a lot of stuff to wipe off, you’re either not getting enough fiber or you need a trim down there.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
On that note... This thread has been a hell of a wild ride

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Who doesn’t stand when they wipe? Some sort of barbarian?
You stand when you wipe? What is this nonsense?

You sit, reach around and below, wipe up the middle with a singular finger under a double layer to increase wiping pressure and precision, fold in half, then repeat, take the paper out and check after the second wipe both for ensuring completion of wiping and to check for any potential discolorations (particularly important to check for color and texture after diarrhea), drop the paper in, stand up, pull up, turn around and check the size, shape, consistency, and coloration to evaluate bowel health, flush, use wrists and elbows on everything until you wash your hands.

As an aside, when typing this out I have realized that no one actually teaches their children EXACTLY what they are supposed to do in the bathroom and I feel like this process is something everyone does just a little differently.

This “describe the proper wiping process” would also make an excellent interview question! Weed out those applicants who are squeamish and easily embarrassed!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
You stand when you wipe? What is this nonsense?

You sit, reach around and below, wipe up the middle with a singular finger under a double layer to increase wiping pressure and precision, fold in half, then repeat, take the paper out and check after the second wipe both for ensuring completion of wiping and to check for any potential discolorations (particularly important to check for color and texture after diarrhea), drop the paper in, stand up, pull up, turn around and check the size, shape, consistency, and coloration to evaluate bowel health, flush, use wrists and elbows on everything until you wash your hands.

As an aside, when typing this out I have realized that no one actually teaches their children EXACTLY what they are supposed to do in the bathroom and I feel like this process is something everyone does just a little differently.

What is this lunacy?

When was the last time you had homicidal thoughts and why?