Pretty low step 1 and p/f grading. Help?

Started by Quizlet04
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Quizlet04

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My Step 1 was a 214. My school is apparently true pass/fail, though the story has changed so many times I'm not sure. I have one serious leadership position, a few volunteer and clinic positions, a PhD and 2x published papers. Oh, and honors at my school requires 80th percentile on the NBME shelfs. Whee.

I know to apply broadly but I want to stay on the east coast from Maine to no farther down than Duke (fat chance, I know) and no farther west than Pennsylvania.

Is there hope? 🙁
 
Around 36 according to a map I saw from 2011. Not sure how many are realistic, though. Yale and Harvard are out for example.
 
In 2014, 49 US seniors with a Step 1 score between 211 and 220 applied to neurology. Forty eight matched! Also, ranking 10 neurology programs was correlated with almost a 100% match rate.

Neurology is getting a bit more competitive, but you have enough things going for you that you will be 100% fine, as long as you interview like a normal human being. Just apply broadly to calm your nerves!

http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Charting-Outcomes-2014-Final.pdf