1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

previous misdemeanor and pharm school...no more chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by fosho, Jun 22, 2008.

1. fosho

hi everyone, i was charged with a previous misdemeanor previously on probation and had graduated with a B.S since. I really would like to consider pharmacy school. As long as this is expunged, would I have any problem obtaining the Intern license later on? thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Aggie07

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    If you really want to know, just call the state board in your state and ask them. That will be the way to get a definitive answer.

4. IrishRxMan

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I know in Texas, depending on the misdemeanor, our state board doesn't really care much. You still need to disclose everything just in case b/c they may find out about it. If it's a misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance, they might not look to favorably on it. If it's a class C or low level misdemeanor it might not raise any eyebrows. I would check with your state board and see what they say. People make mistakes and as long as it wasn't a bad one, it will most likely be OK.

5. Sparda29

Sparda29 En Taro Adun
    Pharmacist Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    As for crime, as long as you are not dealing drugs or running a meth lab out of your basement, you should be fine. If you're convicted of rape/murder, you'll be in jail for a long time before you can even think about pharmacy school.

But I mean, if you got into a bar fight or got arrested at a protest for rioting, it shouldn't harm you.

6. Luol Deng Fan

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Try writing to your governor. Tell him you learned your lesson and you need a pardon.