Primary Care Med Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BUmiken12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What schools would you rank as the top medical schools focused more on primary care than research. I've heard WashU. and Mayo are good, but what are you all's feelings?

Members don't see this ad.

<a href="http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/beyond/gradrank/mdp/gdmdpt1.htm" target="_blank">US News Primary Care rankings</a>

SIU gets my vote. It's underrated and oftentimes overlooked.

Members don't see this ad :)
AT Case Western you can get the best of both worlds...with a Primary Care track and top notch research.

Eastern Virginia Med School in Norfolk, VA also has a strong PC program 50% of their students go into PC. They are really young though so their ranking is not that good, but they have alot going for them.

U. of Washington (Seattle) and OHSU (Oregon).
Also, U. Rochester and JHU.

Atlas-

Can I get an "AMEN!"

Spang
SIUSOM Class of 2006

Hey Spang! Congrats on the acceptance! I didn't know you decided to come to SIU! That's great! What areas of medicine interest you most right now? Primary care fields? Also, did you ever tell me what your "stats" were? I can't recall if you told me or not. Anyways...that's great to hear that you'll be in the class of 2006!