This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LNej375

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've recently become quite interested in primary care, and I'm wondering if anyone could give me some information. I'd like to know which med schools have programs that are primary care focused - for example, they prefer to accept those going into primary care, they only train PC students, they are accelerated/have tuition discounts, or have some other benefit. I'd like to make a comprehensive list: any additional advice on what these schools look for in a candidate (extracurriculars that show them you're committed, for example) would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

To be honest, most DO (osteopathic) schools have the mission of training physicians to be PCPs.

Hey everyone!

I've recently become quite interested in primary care, and I'm wondering if anyone could give me some information. I'd like to know which med schools have programs that are primary care focused - for example, they prefer to accept those going into primary care, they only train PC students, they are accelerated/have tuition discounts, or have some other benefit. I'd like to make a comprehensive list: any additional advice on what these schools look for in a candidate (extracurriculars that show them you're committed, for example) would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks so much!

Look up some of the schools and you'll see the percentage of students that match in primary care residencies. For example, LMU-DCOM and WVSOM have very high percentage of students entering these areas. However, like AspiringDoc said, almost all DO schools emphasize primary care in general.

Reactions: 1 user