Princeton MCAT book stolen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Lloyd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT test is on September 9th (last day to take the test for this year) and I recently bought the Princeton MCAT book that has all the subjects in it, with an access code for online practice tests. I left my book in my car overnight and woke up this morning to it gone. That book has literally been my bible for the past 2 weeks and I was just getting into the interesting sections (microbiology & biochem). I really don't know what to do now and my exam is in about 2 months. Has this ever happened to anyone? What did you do? What should I do? :-(

Members don't see this ad.

Cut your losses and buy a new one. Not much you can do. Sorry to hear that.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm surprised you prepare to study MCAT in about 2 month?
I would buy the book again. Don't worry about money. Applying medical school is expensive anyway.
If necessary, just postpone your MCAT. I believe it doesn't matter since I bet you are not applying this cycle. So when to test MCAT shouldn't be a problem for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
The cost to take the MCAT is at least $310 and the cost to apply is also going to be incredibly expensive at around $1000 at least. The average medical school student has around $166,750 in debt once they finish--that doesn't even include undergraduate debt. My point is, you're going to be spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in your education to get a large ROI, monetarily and otherwise. What's another $100 to buy an MCAT book so that you can get into medical school if that's what you really want?

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the above.

I'm more surprised how someone got into your car and stole a TPR book and seemingly did nothing else.

Reactions: 10 users
I bet the thief isn't even studying for the MCAT - probably just a gunner trying to hurt the competition ;)

Reactions: 15 users
Definitely file a report with the police if you think it was stolen.
But in the meantime, I'd recommend trying to see if you can get another book-perhaps borrow it from someone you know or buy a used book?

Don't worry anonymous stranger, I'm on the case.

Sorry this happened to you OP, but it could be a message from the MCAT gods to buy Kaplan.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I agree with the above.

I'm more surprised how someone got into your car and stole a TPR book and seemingly did nothing else.

^^

This

Unless a window was broken, I suspect that you actually left the book somewhere or you brought it into your home. Look around or call around to the places that you were the day before the book went missing.

I have to say this....your post seems a bit immature. You needed to make a thread for this? If it's truly stolen or lost for good, then you should already know that you need to replace it. Work on your problem solving skills. It's kind of a basic skill that docs need to have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
hey now you know what challenge to write about in your secondaries!

Reactions: 2 users
Scribd.com costs $8/month and get the entire kaplan mcat set.

That really sucks. One of the biggest things I was concerned about while studying for the MCAT in public areas. Look for PDFs on reddit, I've seen a lot.

Pity the lost soul who stoops so low out of desperation.

@Dr.Lloyd, is it a matter of being able to afford another set? If so, with admin blessing, maybe we can set up a donation fund to help you pass.

This blows.

Last edited:
I went ahead to buy another one. I didn't tell y'all the full story though, so limit your "attacks" lol. My pigeon hole in my car was opened with my checkbooks taken. I had to call my bank to cancel them. My window was slightly down because of the heat (if you live in ATL, you'll understand). Also, yeah I have been studying since May, but more of practice questions. But yeah, I called the cops to file a report and I just bought another. FYI: I'm channeling the anger to my exam. Thanks for the advice though.

Reactions: 2 users

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    950.5 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: 1 users