private loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gowri

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,

I am on h4 visa.My husband is working in united states for about 8yrs.we have EAD. so is there any loans available without cosigner?.Its very hard to find a cosigner .can anybody throw light on educational loans from india.Any advice is appreciated.

Can anyone please advise me on my current situation?

Thank You in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi friends,

I am on h4 visa.My husband is working in united states for about 8yrs.we have EAD. so is there any loans available without cosigner?.Its very hard to find a cosigner .can anybody throw light on educational loans from india.Any advice is appreciated.

Can anyone please advise me on my current situation?

Thank You in advance!
Unfortunately in this economic climate getting a loan w/out co signer is difficult (to say the least). BUT several banks have "eligible non citizens" in their requirements. So call up your potential banks and ask.

In India, (this knowledge may be a little out dated) generally speaking, educational loans are not disbursed w/ out an I 20. H4 students do not get I 20. On top of that you get 15- 20 lakhs max.

on H-4 you do get an I-20 provided you show an intent of transferring your H-4 to F-1.(you don't necessarily need to convert after you get your I-20)
however private loans without a US citizen/gc holder is almost next to impossible now.