• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

bluebird79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2002
Status (Visible)
hi folks

i am considering self-studying. from what i've gathered, the most useful part of kap/tpr is the mock tests and materials. the latter is pretty easy to take care of. what about mock tests? do people just go to a library generally and use timers? any pointers on what simulating the test conditions actually means?

thanks alot

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Ironically, I am in the middle of a self test right now. I am on one of the 10 min breaks. I have been going to the library and taking them in the quiet section of the library, but not in a study room. The reason for this is that I am still exposed to people moving around, coughing, and other annoying noises.

Oh, and I do use a timer to time myself. If I do not finish an exam, I don't finish that section until after I score the section. I do not allow myself to keep working.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
hmm, I just go by time mainly and since you cannot use a calculator on the real thing I dont use one on the practice. Also, I since I don't write on the tests (I promised them to a friend who is taking it in August) I limit my scratchpaper usage to about 1 sheet.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.