procedure for simulating "real test conditions"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluebird79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi folks

i am considering self-studying. from what i've gathered, the most useful part of kap/tpr is the mock tests and materials. the latter is pretty easy to take care of. what about mock tests? do people just go to a library generally and use timers? any pointers on what simulating the test conditions actually means?

thanks alot

Members don't see this ad.

Ironically, I am in the middle of a self test right now. I am on one of the 10 min breaks. I have been going to the library and taking them in the quiet section of the library, but not in a study room. The reason for this is that I am still exposed to people moving around, coughing, and other annoying noises.

Oh, and I do use a timer to time myself. If I do not finish an exam, I don't finish that section until after I score the section. I do not allow myself to keep working.

hmm, I just go by time mainly and since you cannot use a calculator on the real thing I dont use one on the practice. Also, I since I don't write on the tests (I promised them to a friend who is taking it in August) I limit my scratchpaper usage to about 1 sheet.

I also read, which I think may be helpful, is to actually wake up at around 7 and start the exam around 8am. Take the same break and all as well. That should really simulate a "real test condition".

;)