Oct 2, 2018
Incoming MS1 here. I just received this survey link from my school, I'm not exactly sure what kind of distribution they're expecting for these answers from school-to-school but regardless I'm curious how current students feel about OMM being listed alongside homeopathy?

Attachments

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
Incoming MS1 here. I just received this survey link from my school, I'm not exactly sure what kind of distribution they're expecting for these answers from school-to-school but regardless I'm curious how current students feel about OMM being listed alongside homeopathy?
Well.... I mean.....

Jan 5, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Although its not quite homeopathy LMAOOO... thats the biggest joke I've heard yet, there is evidence of OMM working in certain musculoskeletal problems. Stuff like cranial and chapman points are pseudoscience but for the most part unless you want to become an FM/NMM doc you will most likely never use OMM in residency or practice, its just something that most ppl have to deal with for 4 years and they can forget that it even existed after that lol. But I will say that as a DO it is something that can be billed for so to each his own ;)

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Well, there's actual data showing homeopathy is worthless. OMM...that's more in the realm of unproven claims....except for Chapman's points and cranial bone movement as an explanation for cranial therapy. That's woo, pure and simple.

Reactions: OverlyRomantic

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
Homeopathy = *DMT starts to hit* I added water to this water! I’m gonna heal the ghosts in ur blood!
Oh just you wait....

Reactions: The_Bird

BorntobeDO?

5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Pretty sure that's a trap I think I might not fill that one out. Seems like a way to get a bullseye on you.

Remember, nothing from your schools email is anonymous.

Reactions: Scribe4Life