This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GBCrzzyy

The moon is just the back of the sun.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am interested in so many different specialties and I know have plenty of time to figure it out but I've been tossing an interest around in my head, wondering how I could incorporate it into my career if I chose to. I am interested in prosthetics and orthotics and any involvement that physicians may have in that process. I know that a prosthetist would be in charge of designing and fitting the device and I was wondering if there are different types of physicians that may or may not be involved in that process or of patients using these devices? Maybe physician-led research in the area? Or even if there are ways to volunteer or shadow to learn more about it. This hasn't been an area I have researched much yet. I'm just playing with options and wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I had some exposure to P and O during my Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation rotations. The few prothestic docs I know are all in PM&R