Proudest Accomplishment Secondary Prompt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nb07

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!!
I am struggling with what to write for my proudest accomplishment:
1) my MCAT score
2) Graduating Summa Cum Laude
3) My upcoming marriage
4) A bodybuilding competition that I won after months of training


I feel that 1 and 2 are generic and will not help me stand out. But I worry about writing about 4 because will the admissions committee really care about me getting married??

HELP!!
 
Hello!!
I am struggling with what to write for my proudest accomplishment:
1) my MCAT score
2) Graduating Summa Cum Laude
3) My upcoming marriage
4) A bodybuilding competition that I won after months of training


I feel that 1 and 2 are generic and will not help me stand out. But I worry about writing about 4 because will the admissions committee really care about me getting married??

HELP!!
I'd go with #4.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!!
I am struggling with what to write for my proudest accomplishment:
1) my MCAT score
2) Graduating Summa Cum Laude
3) My upcoming marriage
4) A bodybuilding competition that I won after months of training


I feel that 1 and 2 are generic and will not help me stand out. But I worry about writing about 4 because will the admissions committee really care about me getting married??

HELP!!

Too easy. While the marriage thing may come off as sweet, it's not like it's unique.
 
I also vote #4.

Also, for many of these prompts, what you write about is not as important as what qualities and info about yourself you want to convey. Pick the experience that allows you to express/portray yourself in the way you desire, preferably in a manner not shown elsewhere in your app. I wrote about how proud I was of sticking up for and keeping in touch daily with this sick person, even while abroad at certain times, for the last decade and how it was something I was more proud of than any national honors I had won.