PS and most meaningful activity dilemma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justhanging

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I decided to become a doctor I was thinking about pharmacy but after volunteering in the hospital pharmacy, I found that It wasn't for me. I didn't include none of this in my PS but I was thinking of putting my pharmacy volunteering as most meaningful and explaining myself about how it showed me that I didn't wanna become a pharmacist. I don't know if this would be wise as I might raise up more questions than answer, what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Before I decided to become a doctor I was thinking about pharmacy but after volunteering in the hospital pharmacy, I found that It wasn't for me. I didn't include none of this in my PS but I was thinking of putting my pharmacy volunteering as most meaningful and explaining myself about how it showed me that I didn't wanna become a pharmacist. I don't know if this would be wise as I might raise up more questions than answer, what do you guys think?

So, you're saying that it's the most meaningful because it showed you that you didn't want to become a pharmacist.... :smack:

No, definitely don't bring this up in your PS - there will be opportunities to explain that in secondary applications. Most secondaries have a "anything else you want to tell us" section, so that would be a good place to explain "changes of mind". Keep you PS positive, succinct, and revealing. Also, I would be very, very careful about writing about your bad experience and how that made you want to go in to medicine, just because writing about your bad experience in another field is a very common, almost stereotypical PS topic. So if youre going to do that, you have to make sure to put an original spin on it to avoid getting lost in a sea of "I was volunteering at XYZ and I was so bored and felt like I wasn't giving anything back to society, so I thought medicine is a good way to give back" haha.

PM me if you want me to read it for you.

The most meaningful should be the activities that generate a ton of reflection on your part.